Jul 28,2012
Jul 28,2012
Letting Agent from hell " BEWARE",me and my family spent our life for seven months in 65b Roberts Road in absolute misery and torture,it was one bed room tiny house and yet we were paying £ 695 pcm.Whole proprty was full of dampness and mold ,kitchen was ruled by giant sized slugs wandering on utensils ,whole house smelled like public toilets no air freshener managed to reduce it.My two year old son was constantly falling sick ending up in surgery or emergency because of dampness and freezing cold and draught which used to come from kitchen side ,there was a big single glazed old fashioned window in the kitchen ,although frame was standing but door was missing ,no matter how much heating was put on it remained cold like an ice factory I requested them for the kitchen door but they refused it saying that this is an " unecessary amendment",so I had to contact Health and Safety Wycombe Council ,Mr Cooper visited property and found it unsatisfactory and ordered them to put the kitchen door and what they had to but could not take it and decided to take revenge later on. This agent had got no humanity in him even when it came to our two year old son.It is not right to make your life comfortable by making others miserable ,this agent is a true picture of this philosophy.Contract Papers which I was given ,were misleading also ,on one page it said that I have to give One month notice to leave the property and on the other page it said period of notice to vacate the property is Two months.In case of a fault if they were contacted , there favourite phrase was " I ring you in ten minutes " and then they would never do it ! Having charged us £ 695 pcm for one bed room filthy house ,they were still hungry that they decided to slaughter us by cutting huge amount of £530 from our deposit money telling that we have damaged the property , Damage ? that proprty was a complete picture of damage already, I was very upset and refuse to accept it , and then to calm me down ,on the next day they deducted £370 from the deposit money and rest deposited into my bank account , it was a very dirty trick that I had to contact Safe Deposit Authority , which did the justice and returned £340.40 to me cutting only £30 for the damage.
I will strongly recommend ,don\'t fall into the trap of this letting agent , there are many other agents on high street go to them and if by any reason you rent from chiltern hills. Take pictures of whole the property the day you move in with dates printed on , insist for a signed Safe Deposit Certificate, read very very carefully all the Contract papers,inventory check in and inventory check out should be carried out in your presence and papers should be properly signed by both the parties .In case of a fault or break down in the property , do not phone them , email them and keep all the record of it.And don\'t hesitate to go to your Council. Here are the contacts and addresses of authorities to be contacted if you are victimized or exploited ; Citizen Advice Bureau, 8 Easton Street High Wycombe HP11 1NJ Phone 08444111444.
Wycombe Distt Council,Queen Victoria Road,High Wycombe HP11 1BB Phone 01494 461000 email info@wycombe.gov.uk and ron_cooper@wycombe.gov.uk.
Trading Standards. email tsd@buckscc.gov.uk.
Shelter Housing, Phone 08088004444 email info@shelter.org.uk

Good Luck

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1