Jul 27,2012
Jul 27,2012
As a tenant of a \'furnished\' property managed by Acorn I have been consistently let down.

When we moved into the house the property was barely habitable and had been left in an absolute tip; the hoover was full of plaster, the grill pan had been left outside and was disgusting, chunks out of the wallpaper had been painted over, a recent budget redecoration had left paint marks and filth all over the house, there were no tools with which to keep the garden in check, the bathroom had been covered in plastic behind which black mould and mushrooms were growing, the cistern was black inside, there was evidence of a boiler fire, batteries were left out of the firearm, there was no carbon monoxide alarm, the PAT test on the (shite) electrical items provided was 5 months out of date....etc. I could go on for hours but basically there was little or no evidence that the property had been cleaned and everything was in disrepair. It was a shit tip.

After a lot of cleaning we did make the house habitable.

Major leaks, damp and mould along with a list of other maintenance issues took months of arguing to resolve.

It was consistently difficult to contact anyone at the company, a real problem when there are major leaks and damp.

We spent a year in the property and had treated it as if it were our own home. We cleaned it with OCD attention to detail as we were determined that the next tenants should not find the house in the same state we did. After asking to accompany the man during the inspection of our handiwork and him agreeing with us that it was spotless, we received a number of rude emails demanding large amounts of money for trivial things as well as issues they had promised to resolve themselves during the tenancy. For example, £55 pund to redecorate a room with some bluetac (which was not forbidden in the contract) marks on the walls - this was incredible attention to detail from a company that\'s own inventory said that one of the bedrooms had floorboards when it had carpet. After becoming quite upset and angry at the way we had been treated after looking after the place so well we had to take this to the Deposit Protection Service.

I have not even mentioned the dilapidated 1980s Ikea dƒÂ©cor.

All property companies are shit but try all the others before you try Acorn.
By: Louise Greetham
Jul 10, 2014
Dear Reviewers,

Firstly, we were not aware of this site and have not responded as we didn't know about either review until today, we apologise for the non-response. Secondly, as this is an anonymous site, we have no way of knowing if the properties are in fact managed or tenant find until we know the addresses of the properties in question. We work with many landlords all with different service level agreements.

We do have an official complaints procedure and although both reviews are from some time ago, we would still like to be given an opportunity to investigate each case.

Many thanks

Acorn Properties (Jesmond) Ltd
By: Louise Greetham
Jul 10, 2014
Dear Reviewers,

Firstly, we were not aware of this site and have not responded as we didn't know about either review until today, we apologies for the non-response. Secondly, as this is an anonymous site, we have no way of knowing if the properties are in fact managed or tenant find until we know the addresses of the properties in question. We work with many landlords all with different service level agreements.

If you wish to discuss this further, please email your details with the property in question to enquiries@acornproperties.co.uk.

Many thanks

Acorn Properties (Jesmond) Ltd
By: angry tenant
Dec 02, 2013
Completely unprofessional, useless and almost offensive practises.

I rented my house with acorn, and the process was long and stressful. First time I went to view the house, no one showed up. I called them and they even lied to me! I started paying my tenancy and was only able to move almost a week after! They sent emails with wrong and incomplete information and did not pick up phones.

I was so furious about the whole process, but the truth is they get away with it because there is a housing shortage, which means they will always have clients. Curse them.

Acorn Properties