“They have overpriced my property by 100k Now you have ......”

Jun 19,2019
By: 'Igor Todorinovic'
Jun 19,2019
They have overpriced my property by 100k
Now you have to be a complete moron to believe in it ( naively I did)
Compete incompetency and joke.
Wasted 5 moths of our time and prime time of the year
Would not touch with a barge pole
Update Jun 2019:
After year or so of raising the complaint managing director Duncan Gibb reply stands that he sees nothing wrong with this practice and endorse it 100%.
According to Dexters this is normal practice of all estate agents to overprice the property to get the sole listing then to reduce it by managing client's expectations. I do not know in what world they live in and what ethic education and upbringing they had but it is not honest and good business practice.
I have contacted Obdusman as per suggestions that being almost single course of complaint procedure with estate agents.
They have made it extremely difficult for clients to file any complaint with agent so I am not sure what is the purpose of organization and who are there to regulate and protect.
Going forward I am never to trust the estate agents again, treat them with no respect as for what they are thieves and dishonest people.
Fair enough there are some agents who maybe honest but yet to be found, so no offence to those.
In summary agents at Dexters in St Margarets are lying thieves governed by lord of lies Duncan Gibbs
Did not have time to reflect on it after experience with it
By: Igor Todorinovic
Jun 19, 2019
Jokers continue on, managing director Duncan Gibbs sees nothing wrong and blames me for it.
Appalling , I have uploaded letter for all to read

"Although I am sorry to hear you regret instructing Dexters back in 2016, I believe we
were always open and transparent with you. James Carey, Sales Manager carried out
the Market Appraisal in May 2016. The recommendation he gave on the asking price
was given in good faith and reflected available information about the property and took
into account the market conditions at the time.
I can see that James followed up the meeting with a letter confirming what you
discussed and he suggested an asking price of £749,950. James' advice was
consistent with a comparable property that was sold in the area and I attach a copy of
this for your information. I therefore cannot agree that James deliberately over-inflated
the price to gain the instruction.
It was ultimately your decision to instruct Dexters and agree to marketing at that price.
We advised you at the time that if interest was not forthcoming we would review the
sales strategy and price once we had received some feedback. Further to almost three
weeks' of marketing we discussed reducing the asking price in line with the feedback
we had received, which I understand agreed to do.
The price reduction generated more interest and a further nine viewings, however you
then made the decision to withdraw your property. Despite being in a 12 week Sole
Selling Agency agreement, we accepted your notice and agreed to withdraw your Once again I am sorry that you felt unhappy with our service, but having now reviewed
the matter I believe we were professional and acted in your best in your best interests
at all times. The purpose of a market appraisal is to provide an indication of the price
the property might sell for and what a Seller can hope to achieve, but it does not
confirm or guarantee the same.
Please note this is now our Company's final viewpoint on the matter. Therefore if you
remain unhappy and wish to take the matter further, the next step is for you to raise a
complaint with The Property Ombudsman for independent arbitration. You have 12
months from the date of this letter in which to do so and details of their complaints
procedure can be found on their website, www.tpos.co.uk.
Managing Director
Duncan Gibbs
Dexters
"
Attachments

By: Marilyn
Mar 27, 2018
Dear Igor,

I am sorry to read your review and that you have been unhappy with Dexters and we would very much like to discuss this with you.

I have passed your comments onto the Managing Director of the office who will be reviewing your comments with the team and will be in contact with you.

Kind regards,