Jul 23,2012
Jul 23,2012
We approached Drivers and Norris for a 1 bedroom flat and told them from the beginning that we had 2 cats and needed access to outside space for them. We were shown a 1BR that we liked and were told that 2 similar flats on the street would be available in mid-March. When placing a deposit on the property, we were then informed of several additional fees the agent claimed were "standard" and lower than other agents in the area (which isn\'t true as we had done research). After placing a deposit on the property, we were subsequently told it would be ready 1 week later than originally stated, and again informed after that it would be ready in April. We finally agreed to date changes and signed the lease. I happened to call the office to tell them I had marked through the clause about cats in the lease as this had already been discussed. I was confronted with a very angry administrator who told me I had been misleading to her in attempting to change the contract - which she failed to realise is a two-way agreement between two parties, and had already been discussed with the agent. It turned out that under no circumstances would the landlord allow cats and both the administrator and the agent were rude and uncompromising in this aspect. We had to find another property and sign the lease within two days - which was a full time job and more expensive than the offer from Drivers and Norris - as we had to leave our old house and had already put off the new tenant twice. Luckily they did return our deposit, but wasted everyone\'s time and effort in the process. I would recommend prospective tenants look elsewhere due to poor training of agents and poor handling of customers.
Better understanding of tenant needs in recommending properties, better training of staff, better handling of customers.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Drivers & Norris Holloway! To leave a new review of Drivers & Norris Holloway, please click the link below !
Write a review for Drivers & Norris Holloway