Jul 22,2012
Jul 22,2012
I was in direct contact also with the landlord which also allowed me to see that side of things as well and allowed me to see how bad things are. I should say also that I found Nicola Traynor professional at all times but not always helpful although I can understand that given the position she was in. Elise on the other hand was not. The main problem is Foxtons general policy to allow their 3rd party contractors to roam freely and unsupervised (the tenants contract leads you to believe otherwise) on the properties without needing confirmed authorisation from the tenant as they said, indemnity insurance would cover any problems arising from that (they tell the contractors to contact the tenant but thats it). Adding to that some of the contractors (the gas guy was fine) are so unbelievably incompetent it borders on malicious intent, even though they supposedly are vetted. I tried getting the legal advice made available by the government (they only accept one call at a time so I never got through, and never heard back from 2 solicitors, so I guess they think they are not worth trying to prosecute).
The trouble started when Elise was managing our property when we returned from our holiday to find that some kitchen cupboards had been replaced, my pc had been moved and was tilted on its side, dvds had been moved, tables moved and our sons baby food had been moved to underneath the sink! No-one had even tried to call to ask if it was ok to come by (the contractor said he tried to ring a number that Foxtons had given him (which magically had changed to some random disconnected number - contractors had contacted me ok on my number in the past)) but had decided to come anyway when I never called back. I was told upon asking to speak to the contractor who completed the work, that he did not speak very good English as he was from the eastern bloc. We have one missing dvd although we may have misplaced that ourselves. The pc also has not been working properly since the incident and we had to throw away the baby food as we don\'t know what chemicals it may have been exposed to. This was reported to Foxton\'s but they never tried to compensate - the only thing offered was \'apologies\'.
Adding to this the work quality was so poor it needed to be done again, but months later no-one tried to contact us to try and fix it. We have now left the property.
Furthermore the damage to the kitchen cupboards was due completely to another incompetent contractor and then Elise tried to send the bill to the landlord, even though we had clearly told her the cause of the damage. This occurred because another contractor who replaced a tap, forgot to connect the hose from the dishwasher back to the plumbing under the sink, meaning that for months we had been using it and it was dumping the water onto the concrete floor behind the kitchen cupboards. Floorboard have also been lifting in 2 different rooms in the house and a neighbour from the floor below contacted us asking where a possible source of damp may have been coming from. Over time the cupboards started to rot and when we finally noticed the leak, it took Foxtons nearly another month to fix it (we didn\'t know where it was coming from at the time).
When we advised Foxtons of our intent to end the lease, Elise also repeatedly claimed we couldn\'t without penalty, until I spelt it out from the contract that we could.
So Foxtons are terrible for tenants but even worse for landlords and anyone who may be a neighbour!
If Elise had have contacted us offering compensation and to say they had changed their rules about when they hand over keys to contractors.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Office 3! To leave a new review of Foxtons Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Office 3