Sep 07,2009
Sep 07,2009
Absolutely terrible. They represented a landlord that bought our flat midway through our tenancy. Seemed very friendly and helpful at first, but that friendliness evaporated very quickly once the problems started.

First we had major damp problems in the bathroom that were never dealt with satisfactorily (the workmen doing the job told us they knew that what they were doing wasn't going to last more than a few months).

Then the gas problems started. Because the flats in the building had been sold separately, but the gas supply served the whole building, our old gas safety certificate wasn't valid, and the gas guy wouldn't issue a new one until the situation was resolved. Add to this that the gas cooker was conking out and we started to get worried. They were notified about both these problems in June. They wouldn't replace the cooker straight away, and dragged their feet about getting the gas supply situation sorted out. However, despite our gas bills still being included in the rent as part of our existing agreement (logical as the gas supply was for the whole building) they gave my name to British Gas who started persuing me for payment of the bills (which were for all 4 flats). I told them and they assured me that if I sent them the bills they would sort it out. This was now November. By the time we eventually left in March, there was still no new cooker, no separated gas supply, no gas safety certificate and no resolution with British Gas, who were on the point of taking me to court.

Fortunately I still had a copy of our original tenancy agreement that stated that gas bills were included in the rent which British Gas evenually accepted as proof of our non-liability, but the stress and anxiety caused during the whole sorry episode was considerable. I'd never go anywhere near these people again.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Palmerstons Estate Agents Cosham - Portsmouth! To leave a new review of Palmerstons Estate Agents Cosham - Portsmouth, please click the link below !
Write a review for Palmerstons Estate Agents Cosham - Portsmouth