“Absolute torment...”

Mar 20,2018
By: 'Kerri'
Mar 20,2018
I moved into my rented Queen Bee property October 2017. Within 6 weeks I noticed problems. The biggest one being major damp within the property which became evident around week 5 of moving in.
I became aware of it by finding my shoes and suitcase in the wardrobes to be completely covered in fur.
I sent pictures to QueenBee straight away. There was no empathy, there was no apology for my situation.I was left in this damp bedroom until a roofer cemented the outside wall/roof in January. Turns out there was cracks under the gutters, so water was just leaking in.
I was not offered any reduction in rent. I asked and only received approx £50 reduction over 1 month.
Not at any point did the letting agency come out to see the property, even though the pictures I sent spoke volumes. The walls had spores..
I found the letting agent to be very patronising and unprofessional in her manner when I tried to chase up all of these things.
I wonder if she had been living in damp conditions how she would have reacted...
I was advised I could not terminate my lease early as I had signed a 6 month contract...unless a new tenant wished to move in.
Fortunately, the property went back on the market in January (charging an extra £20 pm- how bold seeing as the spores were still on the walls) and a new tenant did move in very quickly, and was aware of the damp conditions.
I have rented in Glasgow for 8 years and have dealt with a number of letting agents. I would strongly advise to steer clear of QueenBee agency.

Queen Bee Properties