Jul 19,2012
Jul 19,2012
I have decided to write a review, because I am suprised that Streets Ahead win so many awards and get such great reviews.

I can\'t help but wonder \'how bad are the other guys?\'.

When we moved into our house four months ago, we soon discovered that wasn\'t ready to be lived in; the electricity wasn\'t working properly, there was water dangerously trickling through the shower box, the bathroom lock was not capable of unlocking (only locking), there was a constant water leak onto the patio, my bedroom door handle was hanging off, the boiler leaked into the living room, and the kitchen drawers were barely capable of holding the weight of a teaspoon (to name but a few). It was a hell hole.

We were aware that the house had been empty for a few months and Streets Ahead had had plenty of opportunity to get these issues sorted, in fact it was one of their contractors who had replaced the electrics. Plus, we were promised when we looked around, prior to moving in, that the house would be ready.

Maybe if you move into a perfect home the customer service from Streets Ahead is better, but we found it very frustrating. They must have an \'outgoing calls\' block, as I always have to call them. I foolishly tried to talk to the manager to discuss my issues, but his phone appears to have a block on both incoming and outgoing calls; He never called back or replied to my emails.

Unsuprisingly, we didn\'t get a reduction in rent, or fees, for the month we moved in, even though often one of us had to be home in the first few weeks to let in electricians, plumbers, locksmiths, oven repairers and carpenters, and it was very inconvenient.

Most of the issues were resolved quickly, but we still had a lot of waiting around, and we always had to make the calls.

We are still waiting for the drawers to be fixed.
Issues like this happen, but what is important is how they are dealt with. The house should have been checked before we moved in. We often felt ignored, and never really received an apology. We should not have had to make all the phone calls. If we request a phone call, an email is really not good enough. Considering the state of the house and our concerns over customer service, the manager should have got involved.
By: Matt
Oct 04, 2012
I've just submitted a review based on our experiences with Streets Ahead, and seeing your review its a carbon copy of the kind of problems we had!! Property not ready to move into, NEVER returning calls etc. Glad its not just us in that same boat!!! Come to think of it, looking at the positive reviews on here, maybe the staff at Streets Ahead are just employed to come on here and write fictitious reviews about how wonderful Streets Ahead are!??
By: vickylou181
Aug 02, 2012
From the Author-Thanks for the comment. I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. One of the most frustrating things is knowing that you have very little power, as the contract includes pages and pages for what we can and can't do, and what they can and can't do is just a few lines. I would continue to pester them. I found that mentioning ARLA and other regulating bodies makes no difference, you just need to be persistant with them. We finally have the drawers fixed.

Have you written a review? Maybe if some more people made them aware of their issues they would have to pull their fingers out and try a bit harder. We may be renting now, but we are the buyers, sellers and landlords of the future, and we should not always be at the bottom of the pile.
By: o
Aug 01, 2012
thank you God, we are not alone!!!! We have had similar problems. we are in the property for 10 minths now and some issues are still not sorted out!!!!!!

Write a review for Streets Ahead Crystal Palace Branch