Sep 06,2009
Sep 06,2009
I have had a dreadful experience with Ludlow Thompson dating back to July 2008. Initially I requested a one year let and was subsequnently bullied into a two year let, with an 18 month break, by their Oval office. Trouble started within a few months of the tenant being in place. I had a rent collection service with this company but no direct debit or standing order was established and the rent became increasingly in arrears. Communication with this service was terrible - they appeared to have an office in Worcester with only two contact numbers and a couple of email addresses. Often only an answer machine was obtained and emails were not replied to. The tenant was Polish and spoke little English with a job that did not appear to be appropriate for the rent that was required for the property - I seriously questioned the company's vetting procedure with this tenant. In the end I personally ended up chasing up the rent. The tenant was taken to Court recently and the Bailiffs have now been instructed. The Ludlow Thompson representative was due to present evidence for the Court as I had a rent collection agreement with them. They subsequently turned up 20 minutes late with incomplete evidence. If it wasn't for fact that the Solicitor's Agent had a copy of the evidence the case would have been thrown out. I am in the process of trying to get the fees back for the rest of my tenancy. They are very clever in obtaining their fees upfront for the whole of the tenancy and if their is a breach in the tenancy, by the tenant, they will only repay their fees if you re-let through them. I would not recommend anybody to use this company if they are a Landlord.
By: Customer Services
Oct 07, 2009
Dear Andrew

Thank you for posting your comments, clearly the tenancy has not run smoothly and whilst Ludlow Thomspon cannot be held responsible for a tenant not performing the terms of the contact (ie running up rent arrears) communication should be kept up and assistance provided.

Our referencing criteria is certainly acceptable and must be so to allow the legal and rental insurance that we can offer and provides cover in instances such as this.

It is not acceptable that a member of staff was late to a court appearance and we shall reiterate this to all staff involved in such processes.

Our fee structure is clearly indicated at the commencement of the relationship. However we look at situations on a case by case basis and we understand that the matter of the fees were settled at the end of September.

Kind regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London