Feb 28,2018
By: 'Rachel'
Feb 28,2018
JLL made what should have been a blissful first year living together in a nice apartment in Manchester, one which was quite the opposite. This is solely due to the incompetence, idiocracy and pure laziness of the staff who work for them.
On our first day of moving in to the apartment we were surprised at the condition that various items had been left in. The mattress in the spare room was heavily stained, the mattress in the main bedroom was worn, the cabinet in the bathroom was also heavily stained, and there was a broken chair in the living room. We didn't complain about any of these things as we did not want to cause any trouble, and instead, put up with the issues mentioned. However, in retrospect, as our rent payment cost us a hefty £1,150 pcm we should have made every effort to make sure these issues were sorted.

The first main issue came when I received a variable energy bill in my name some months after moving in. As my partner had set up a joint energy account in both of our names, at a fixed rate, we found it strange that the bill was solely in my name and was £40.00 more than the fixed rate we had agreed. We immediately contacted the energy provider who sourced out an email from JLL. The email had been sent from one of JLL's staff members, and informed the energy provider that I wished for an account to be set up in my name for the property we had moved in to. As a result, we had two ongoing energy accounts at the property in question. The request from JLL to the energy provider had been done without any such request or consent from myself. Despite obtaining proof of the email, JLL would not, and have not to this date, admitted their involvement in setting up the account, resulting in a large unpaid bill in my name. As we cannot afford to take legal proceedings at this stage we have had to settle for paying this bill off.
However, this was only the first of many problems. After a month or so of living in the property the bulb in the bedroom went. As this was a specialized bulb which we were unable to buy from the general supermarket, we contacted JLL in the hope that they would use their initiative (and the substantial fee of money we were paying on a monthly basis) to come and fix it. I'm sure you know how the story goes...but, up to the date we moved out, the bulb was never fixed. This was despite various attempts to contact JLL and set a date for a contractor to come out and fix it. Instead, we had to buy two lamps, and use these as our lighting sources in the bedroom.
This was similar for the bathroom light. Again, this was a specialized bulb which we were unable to fix ourselves. We repeatedly contacted the Manchester office, via phone and email, in an attempt to get someone out to fix it. Once again, this was to no avail, and we had to settle for buying a temporary battery-run lantern and showering in darkness until the day we moved out.

I am honestly shocked that this so-called 'company' are able to treat and neglect the tenants as they do. When the landlord came to look around our property she was equally appalled at the fact that the lights had not been fixed, particularly as she had paid them to hire a contractor to come and fix the issue.

I am absolutely appalled at the sheer incompetence of JLL and its staff. From collecting our keys to handing our keys back in they have lacked integrity and competence. They have caused us nothing but stress over the past year, and have in no way, shape or form, fulfilled their role as a letting agent. I can only wish that we had read these reviews before letting the property, as they would have definitely swayed our decision to choose to rent the property.
I advise any tenant or landlord to avoid JLL at all costs.
By: Anonymous
Apr 30, 2018
If you think that's bad, you should see how badly jll treats its staff here in the Norwich office! Crooked business is what jll is!

Jones Lang Lasalle