Jul 14,2012
Jul 14,2012
As a new landlord I wish I had never instructed Martin & Co (Witney) to manage my property.

My experience of Martin & Co (Witney) is not in line with the fully managed service I expected to receive from them in return for paying 10% of the rent + VAT per month, and this led me to terminate my dealings with them. I also withheld the termination fee (make sure this is pointed out and explained to you before you sign anything) as compensation for their mistakes, the lack of \'fully managed\' service and the hassle, including court proceedings, I\'ve had to endure as a result.

My advice to landlords considering using the services of Martin & Co (Witney) - don't do it: Fairfax & Co and Abbey Properties are the professionals you can rely on to get it right.
Listened to me and as the \'expert\' in this field there is no excuse for leaving detail out of a contract - this should be basic stuff for a professional agent. They should not have threatened me and put a debt collector on to me and taken me to court especially when they were blatently in the wrong - just shows how ineffectual the person who made that decision must be. I would not recommend anyone entrusts their property to this lot.
Attached Files