Feb 06,2018
By: 'VNF'
Feb 06,2018
I have been renting for 5 years and Leaders are now ranked among the worst agents I have had to deal with. We have had a water leak in our flat for almost 3 months now and have been lied to repeatedly about when it would be fixed. When we signed the contract, they assured us the leak would be fixed within a week. It is now 2 and a half months later. We had someone come into our flat without our permission when we were away, breaching our contract, to which the agent offered vapid apologies but did not see the severity of a stranger entering our flat without our knowledge or consent. The amounts of times we have received an email including the words 'sorry there was a mix-up/miscommunication/misunderstanding' is absurd. They are incredibly unprofessional, clearly do not communicate with each other in the office, have staff that complains to you as their customer how they are not qualified for their own role and one particular person has initially responded to our emails with a defensiveness I have rarely come across. Since we signed the contract, they have been complacent and we, as tenants, had to correspond with the property manager ourselves to arrange any works taking place, which makes me wonder why we had to pay tenancy fees in the beginning. Whenever we contact them, they have no updates for us, and only chase the relevant party after being prompted by us again. They often leave days before replying to urgent emails. I would strongly advise against dealing with them. They might seem professional when you first interact with them at the viewings stage, but if you ever have an issue with your rented property, you will soon realise you are on your own.
They made us false promises to get us to sign the tenancy agreement (fixed term), then it later turned out the issue they had deemed fixable within a week was going to take months to be fixed. Asking for agent's fees given they offered no assistance is ridiculous.

Leaders