Feb 01,2018
By: 'Joe'
Feb 01,2018
I will be honest in my review.
I will give a star to William for his work done, in my opinion professional and great photos taken of the property.
I felt some important details about my property were missing from the listing on rightmove etc.

Conduct:
The next star is awarded as I was not very impressed at all with how Cauldwell dealt with my property as a whole. I repeatedly had to tell Cauldwells that I could not take phone calls at work, so emails for me were much better, but they seemed to ignore this and persisted to keep calling me on my mobile during the day time.

Viewings:
Where do I start really.. in 16 weeks they managed to get 5 viewings arranged. 2 of which didn't happen, one cancelled and the other was a no show. For the no show I was not made aware the viewing would not be happening, I was just sitting at home awaiting a viewing.
I had entrusted Cauldwells with my keys as so they could do viewings without me having to be there. This did not go well. I came home to find my front door left unlocked.. from then on I made sure I was present at any viewing. I was quite shocked this was done, lack of care for my home.

Pricing:
Initially my property was listed as "offers over £" , after speaking to other estate agents. I was a bit confused as to why this was done. For the last 4 weeks I had to convince Cauldwells to set the price to a fixed amount. I feel as though my property was overpriced from the start. Hence them trying to reduce it by £6,000 when there had been hardly any viewings.

Conclusion:
As my contract was drawing to a close with cauldwells I was beginning to organize collecting of my keys and removal of my property with them.

I have the email transcripts from my conversation with them.

I initially just said I wanted to take my property off the market with them, I was told the final date 1st Feb, this was fine.
I begun to get frustrated with them as I had to really justify as to why I wanted to take my property off the market with them. I felt very awkward as if i was being forced into a tit for tat email conversation and being convinced to keep the property with them. Being told they had loads more keen viewings to get through the door, 1 day from the end of my contract ending.. (seems likely)

I was in the end forced to list the problems I have had over the last 16 weeks.

I was really unimpressed with the response. For someone dealing with a disgruntled client, the worst route is to try to make things out to be their fault.. or somewhat in their hands.

There was no apology they had left the door unlocked. I was corrected by 1 on the amount of viewings that had been "arranged" which i found very petty and ended up making me more annoyed than anything. I was told they had more viewings lined up, one of which was the no show!!

I complained about the no show viewing, I had sent over the emails confirming the viewing date and time. I was told it was possibly because I had not confirmed the viewing could take place. I clearly sent a reply via email accepting the viewing.. (again it was pointed to be my fault for their failure to do something)

I was told the property was listed on at a time where the market was slow and difficult, this is not the same information i was given at the start of the valuation. I was told its a very busy time and they would have no issues selling the property.
Again I was given the blame for this as I had told them to set it at a fixed price, and not lowered the property by £6000, why wasn't the price accurate from the start?

Overall I would not recommend Cauldwells to anyone.
See above
By: Wayne Murphy
Feb 06, 2018
Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to hear we have not delivered on your expectations. I would like the opportunity to talk to you regarding your comments as the areas you have highlighted are rare occurrences. I am very surprised we were not made aware of the issue with the door lock, however, I do know we had issues with your door lock. You made reference to your asking price within your review, William advised you to reduce your asking price whilst providing comparable evidence, our records show you agreed to this, then subsequently emailed to increase your price higher than the original asking price. The key to any marketing strategy is to be accurate with your asking price. Please contact me on 01908 308840 or email info@cauldwellproperty.co.uk.

Kind Regards