Jul 13,2012
Jul 13,2012
I saw all the bad reviews regarding Express but prefer to form my own opinion from my dealings with a company rather than someone elses - unfortunately I have to say I suffered the same experiences. as most on here.

Myself and my husband were first time buyers - with a healthy deposit and a full mortgage agreement in place (following a previous sale falling through) - we saw the property advertised by Express at OIEO £169,950 and made an offer of £173,500 which we thought reasonable. We never heard back and had to keep chasing when we finally did get an answer it was no so I upped to £175k and then James the gentleman from Express dealing with us informed us that they actually expected £195k! Now at this point I was blown away - had I realised that a property marketed at OIEO wanted in excess of £25 more I never would have looked at the house. We really loved the property and upped our other to 185k - the most we could afford after re-jigging our finances and I'm still waiting for an answer from Express in relation to my latest offer - ludicrous business practices! Thankfully I got the message and moved on. I understand the nature of OIEO but seriously market it a bit closer to the asking price why play stupid games and use tactics - something I blame the estate agents for. The owners were lovely and I fully understood their position as Express had led them to believe this was the best way to get the desired amount for their property.

Anyway all's fair in love and war etc but what I really hated about dealing with this company is that they never called you back - I always had to chase them sometimes for days and I found it very stressful to say the least. Nevertheless it was a learning lesson for me and I would never deal with them again. I've had some near misses with other houses in my area which havent worked out for one reason or the other but every local estate agent I've dealt with has always been professional and courteous enough to call me back and give a response to my offer.
By: Express Customer Care Team
Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review highlighting your concerns. We take every complaint extremely seriously and always look to utilise any feedback as constructively as possible. We are continuously looking at ways to improve our customer care to ensure that every client receives the best possible service. We don't have a staff member called James in the Negotiation team so If you would like to email your details to: customercare@expressestateagency.co.uk one of our Customer Care team will contact you to resolve any issues. Warm regards, the Express Estate Agency.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office