Jul 13,2012
Jul 13,2012
Three years ago i approached a then YOUNG lettings r us,that had just started out about a house that became available NEAR wynford road area of frome.
I viewed the property with my daughter,mr candy came across very charming,smiling,happy go lucky i liked the property and offered him a "cheque"as a deposit.
His attitude just switched on like a light bulb,"the company only deals in cash"he very abruptly said,stupidly i accepted this,he then arranged to follow me to a cashpoint where i drew out 200 pound,he wrote out a reciept on what looked like a 50p cheap reciept book.
I arranged with him to pay the rest in two days time and move in.
After the weekend i changed my mind as it had a pond,i have a dog and was not sure about the garden,rang candy up tried to arrange a meeting to get 200 pound back.
"no way"he said ,that was for a credit check and you failed miserably,then put the phone down.
I complained to certain estate agent regulators,totally toothless pass the buck merchants and have now accepted i lost the money.
Mr candy is sponsored by his land owner father near mells,mr candy was also prosecuted for running an UN-LICENSED office from home by mendip council,breaking evey single planning regulation in the book.
get properly registered.........
Jun 28, 2013
Our reputation is not severely tarnished by a few people (some not even tenants) posting on this website. We deal with genuine complaints in house until they are resolved and both parties are happy. If you are one of these genuine cases then please email us with your true name and issue so that we can address your problem professionally.
By: Ripped off
Aug 16, 2012
Shame your words hold no weight. I think your posts are in vein. 'Lettings r us' reputation is already severely tarnished beyond repair. Perhaps a career at 'Toys R Us' would be more suitable? At least then you won't be messing with people's lives.
Jul 23, 2012
We do not have the time or inclination to make up reviews and we are not being investigated for anything.
By: Unbelievable
Jul 20, 2012
Well digger for a start it proves the types of tenants he deals with as your message comes acroos as though you wrote or tried to write it whilst drunk...
I think i would have to be blind drunk to even think of anythng decent to put on here about Mr Candy. He denies he ises his staff to write messages well of course you will deny it because they write them from pc's elsewhere and make up new user names and email addresses to try and repair what is already a proven con artist type company.
Oh yes Mr Candy we gather you are being investigated then for bad practice?....im sure you will deny this but we all know the actual truth dont we and by using the word "TRUTH" to you Mr Candy then i apoligize for swearing!!
Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for the above comment.
By: digger
Jul 18, 2012
i fill that some people you will never please richard candy was so helpful when my ex wife and me split up and i was looking for some were to live as the sad person above i to presented him with a cheque and when he explained why he could not take a cheque i under stood and made my transaction via my credit card so i ask you whats your problem . lettings r us have been very helpful kind and compassionate to me and they come very highly recommend
Jul 16, 2012
We do not add comments on this website only the ones labelled up as Lettings R Us.
By: Cncerned
Jul 14, 2012
This is pretty much how he is and i vote this person as another victim of a rip off merchant...he is a liar and i have on good authority he gets friends and staff members to post "kind" comments...thats only because he pays their wages and not because they respect him i might add!
Jul 13, 2012
We are a professional letting company our policy is not to take cheques unless it is a bankers draft cheque as we have had many cheques bounce in the past. We do take cash or card and we do give receipts for this. The agency fee is paid for the credit checks and referencing and is non refundable, so the tenant needs to be serious about a property before putting this down. Lettings R Us are not sponsered by anyone and run a sucessful business as we have a professional approach to our work and lots of happy tenants and landlords.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lettings R Us Frome! To leave a new review of Lettings R Us Frome, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lettings R Us Frome