Jan 29,2018
By: 'Munro'
Jan 29,2018
This agency should be avoided at all costs. Very very poor, in 6 months failed to get one single offer on the sale of my property. Whilst other similar ones in the area at a similar price sold.
More than one complaint from the viewers regarding attitude and information. This included the agent telling one of the viewers, that she believed there was someone "rough sleeping/squatting" in the property. Untrue!
So I had to resort back to re letting my house with them. Another complete DISASTER, it seemed they just want to find any tenant, one who didn't meet my specific requests of "No pets No benefits". Messed up the contents of the rental contract, then double charged me for the Letting service fee.
Although I had the Fully Managed Service at £60 per month, my tenant could not get any response from them and I had to find, arrange and pay for a plumber and other works to be carried out. Although I live 8,000 miles away Overseas.
The Tenant was on a 12 month "Fixed Term" rental with a no break clause contract, with a Guarantor on the contract. Purplebricks failed to pursue the Tenant or Guarantor for rent arrears, then allowed and gave permission to the tenant to leave the property early and without asking my permission. Also ignored my expressed request that she does not.
Now 3 weeks after the tenant had left, I dont know what my legal situation is regards the rent owed, the Guarantors responsiblity and if t deposit can be held or if its been returned. I dont know who has the keys, there has been no Inventory check or Inspection of the property conducted, but Purplebricks re listed the house without my consent.
I hold one person and one person only responsible, Michelle Flint in the Head Office in Birmingham, she never replied to one single email since October.
I have tried sunce October to have my complaints addressed via their Internal Complaint Proceedure, no one even answered. I made a complaint online over 2 weeks ago, they said this would be responded to within 48 hours. NOTHING !?!?
Thete is NO communication at all, very poor customer care or support. They are simply USELESS.
Now I ve employed Solicitors to take legal action.
Money wasted, I should be refunded my fees.

Purplebricks