Jan 18,2018
By: 'AGW_London'
Jan 18,2018
I have been trying to sell my property through Purplebricks for a year and have had NOTHING but time wasters. I can also confirm that other experiences listed in these review are correct, once Purplebricks have your money they lose interest in helping you sell, I have seen nothing but incompetence from my local property 'expert' and I deeply regret choosing Purplebricks. I feel a fool for not realising that, as you pay upfront, they have no incentive to sell your property. On the incompetence I have heard stories about buyers change several times (as if the 'expert' wasn't keeping notes on buyers). I have had VERY little feedback from viewings and this has not been chased in any way from the 'expert'. I had a reasonable offer made, but this was from a time waster and I was constantly assured by my property 'expert' that he was talking to the buyer and their mortgage advisor and everything was looking great and then they pulled out without any explanation. I had to correct the 'expert' several times regarding details in my advert (simple things like getting distances correct, names of local amenties corrected etc and the photography was amateurish). My expert has little knowledge of how the property sites that Purplebricks use work, despite assurances that he has had a lot of experience (which is highly doubtful). I was once out of the country, and told my expert not to conduct any viewings, one was then booked and apparently took place, I then asked what was going on and he told me that it didn't take place (therefore he must have lied either on the phone, or in the app).

The only constructive advice I have had to sell is to reduce the price and months go by without hearing from my 'expert'.

I wouldn't recommend them, and will use a proper local estate agent in future. Even if I did get an offer now I suspect I could get more money through an estate agent despite the fees!
Low fixed fees sound good, until you realise that in the bigger picture they cost you more (when you can't get as much for your property and the level of service that you actually get is probably down to them being paid no matter how bad their service is!).
By: B Smith
Feb 04, 2018
It really would not matter whether you paid up front or, like me, later. The service is apauling at best. I can assure you your findings are not better than mine. I will be posting a more details when my official complaint is over. By the way the CEO Mr M Bruce has not responded to complaints. Would suggest to anyone thinking of using Purplebricks not to.

Purplebricks