Jan 15,2018
By: 'P.Ritchens'
Jan 15,2018
In the past I have actively recommended Purple Bricks and have been a happy customer selling a house and letting two properties for a year or so. However I think someone in the boardroom in the last six months has passed a memo stating "sod customer service...shaft their wallets".
In the last three months I've had deductions from my rental income on both properties, one with a lame excuse but failing to fully investigate or even explain properly, the other completely contrary to my emailed instruction! On top of that we asked for the meter readings for our feed in tariff.. ...and we asked again and again until I was told that Purple Bricks will not get the meter reading because it contravoinse the tenants right to peace and quiet. We only need the meter readings once a quarter!
And to make matters worse you can no longer just phone your property manager like you used to do. Now it's all done by email.....which they take days to answer usually missing the point or not explaining fully so you phone then only to be told they ate not available but will ring back, they rarely do so you have to keep trying them. You then get Angery so try phoning the management centre.. ...a very nice person listens to your complaint and promises it will get passed up to a manager....but two days later you've not heard from them so you do it all again.....and again.....and again until you get so Angery you can focus at work and you start snapping at the wife and kids.
The day before we broke up for Xmas I was so desperate for a resolution I phoned the management centre three times...each time I was promised that Claire Ryding would phone me before the end of the day....guess what......
So I thought things would have to get better this year....nope.
In short if you are a landlord whom also has to work a full time job use a small independent friendly local letting agent. Purple Bricks couldn't give two hoots about customer service.
Average.
By: Miss appropriate
Feb 07, 2018
I totally appreciate your frustrations at dealing with this company. They continually ignore your emails and then when you call, no one is ever available. They then tell you not to call back and put it in writing. This company are charlatans. I have had to seek legal advice as they refused to return the keys of my property despite the tenant vacating the property for weeks and not paying rent for 4 months

Purplebricks