Jul 10,2012
Georgina Hobbs
Jul 10,2012

One Example; Boiler broken, no shower, hot water in the house. 3 weeks later still broken and I complained at not having hot water. I was informed " you have a kettke so you have hot water technically".
Have been in this house for the last 2 years and these guys are genuinely inept. In the past 2 years they have yet to take an issue and take care of it on their own. They are very concerned with ensuring they get the renewal fees and I only wish that they were efficent at getting problems sorted as they are at getting money out of your debit card. I must advise to anyone reading this to do your upmost to persuade the landlord to use another agency. I hope you dont have to deal with what I deal with. One Example; Boiler broken, no shower, hot water in the house. 3 weeks later still broken and I complained at not having hot water. I was informed \" you have a kettke so you have hot water technically\".
Attached Files
By: Lettings Management
Jul 12, 2012
Our priorities have always been the same....... to offer clients the service we would expect ourselves, and we do this. As per the previous comment, this landlord wants to use his own contractors and therefore we have no control over the works so all we can do is communicate between each party (i.e yourself and the landlord). If we had our own way, we would be able to get our contractors into the property immediately on each occassion but this is not the case. Below are the notes to your recent issue with Gary **** being the Landlord;

Georgina (of Conran Estates) has been in contact with the landlord, Gary **** and the landlord of the property above as there was a leak. Gary **** said he would deal with it and discuss with other landlord above as he knows him. Georgina followed this up with Gary and confirmed to Sean on Tuesday at 17.03pm that the leak had been dealt with in the flat above . Sean the tenant emailed at 20.49 pm on Tuesday with a follow up at 15.29pm Wednesday and Georgina replied at 15.57pm Wednesday . He was saying that he knows the leak has been fixed as he has not had a leak but the ceiling needs repair now and he would like the electrics checked. Georgina emailed Gary **** between 15.29pm and 15.57pm. Her email to Sean was to advise that she has left a message for the Landlord to call her to discuss and she has told me she will call Gary **** today to ask if he got the message.
By: Sean Field
Jul 11, 2012
Dear Readers,

Please take this as an example of the priorities these guys have. I have had a response on this public complaint faster than I have had on an email I sent them yesterday which has been brought to their attention almost two weeks ago. I would suggest that these "professionals" get the service right before they begin to boast on their service.
Also as I'm sure there will be a response to this comment can the commenter also confirm the quote " you have a kettle so you have hot water technically". A simple yes or no here will suffice.

Sean
By: Lettings Management Team
Jul 11, 2012
Dear Sean, the issue you refer to is one which came up about 18 months ago I believe. As intermediaries we reported the issue to the landlord immediately and the landlord declined to use our contractors and wanted to use his own. We did keep a constant chase on the landlord and in the end he fixed that issue albeit at his own pace which may be deemed slow. As managing agents we sometimes have no control over who the landlord wishes to use for maintenance as we cannot legally undertake works over a certain cash value without consent. I hope this sheds some light on this matter and with regards to the renewal fee, you paid for a tenancy contract to be renewed for a fixed term. If you wanted to go onto a rolling contract at the end of a fixed term then this is your obligation and then there is no fee to do this. Obviously this is subject to the landlords agreement. If you have any further concerns then please do make contact with the Lettings Management team who are fully qualified and experienced to handle any questions you have.

Conran Estates