Form the start Roger Platt was a disappointment! Rang up to join property alert list and gave a pretty comprehensive description of what we wanted - they sent literally every property in the price range - not taking into account any of our requests. After that one email we received no other alerts. Every time I spotted something good on the website I would ring them to arrange a viewing and they would simply add me to the diary ¢â‚¬â€œ not asking any questions about what we looking for, had we viewed with them preciously? They must have taken my details about 4 times. On one occasion I asked to view a property which was unavailable to see at the time we wanted ¢â‚¬â€œ you might think they would take my number, ring me back and arrange a viewing when convenient? No, apparently they don\'t seem to think that it might be the property for us and they could make a sale. The property was still on the market a month later (no surprise) and we ended up viewing it then. Was a pretty good property but by the time we saw it we were about to put an offer in on another.
There was a Saturday girl who worked on viewings at the weekend. She knew absolutely nothing about any of the properties - half of them she had not stepped foot in before. We asked questions she could not answer and just shrugged her shoulders! Roger Platt ¢â‚¬â€œ maybe spending an hour every Saturday morning sitting with the Saturday girl and talking her through the properties may give your potential customers some trust in you. Although we were told at the end of all viewings that we would be called by a member of the team during the week, we were NEVER called back and, if they can't be bothered to call us we can't be bothered to call them!
In my opinion Roger Platt needs to take a hard look at itself! There is so much it could get right if it just made the right steps. It felt that they actually didn't want to sell anything ¢â‚¬â€œ and therefore why should we want to buy anything?
What agent could do to change your mind?
1) Have one agent responsible for a customer and their search
2) Take property needs and wants seriously and send the relevant properties - don¢â‚¬â„¢t send them all! We can¢â‚¬â„¢t be bothered to trail through them if you can¢â‚¬â„¢t be bothered to send us the most suitable
3) If a customer rings up interested in a property make a note of it and do everything you can to ensure they can view the property and know all about the status of the property - at the end of the day you could make a sale
4) Acknowledge your Saturday girl; sit her down and inform her about all properties. Make time to show her around so she is equipped with the right tools to answer simple questions and get the job done
5) Ring every potential customer back
6) Selling is not rocket science; it¢â‚¬â„¢s all about customer service and you barely have any!