Feb 08,2012
Feb 08,2012
Positive: I was pleasantly surprised with the initial customer service before I had seen any properties. They even called the day before asking if I had the correct postcode. The viewing was also very pleasant and despite running late they were very accommodative. The paperwork was all processed swiftly. The staff were very friendly and emails were answered promptly.
All paperwork to third parties such as the water and electricity and gas companies was relayed effectively.

Less Positive: I was delayed in transferring the rent and deposit and that is where things got a bit cold. They would only accept a bankers draft which costed me an extra 15 pounds and had to find surplus rent and deposit urgently. Despite taking 3 reference checks, and a full credit check, which is more than what my new employers wanted. The return of the surplus took more than a week to sort out and then they paid me back by cheque which was an extra hassle. Nonetheless, a lesson well learnt the hard way unfortunately.

The repairs took longer than expected, but that procedure was explained to me, only after I complained about the delays and lack of correspondence.

In General: I would use Whitegates Lettings again and recommend them to others but in future make sure there is no human error as there are no exceptions to their rules. I am sure other agents would have done the same but at least Whitegates were nice about it. For this reason, they were very approachable and I didn't feel discouraged to write to them when I was not happy with certain services.
Things have since improved. I hope they will continue that way.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Whitegates Estate Agents Office 1