Dec 15,2017
Dec 15,2017
Couldn't organise a p__ up in a brewery. OMG purple bricks were dreadful.
I chose them to manage a rental property for me and was attracted by their competitive ongoing monthly management fees.
Getting an advert online and the initial visit by James Favas the local "property expert" went without a major hitch and we soon had offers from potential tenants coming in.
The management of the rental was where the terrible service started.
From dodgy emergency plumbers quoting for work that was not done to astronomical quotes for jobs that needed doing it seems that Purple bricks don't take much care over how they select their tradesmen. I really hope PB do not receive kickbacks.
Just one example of a quote to repair a fence:
Purple bricks special price (after 3 weeks of me chasing) £850 and £895.
My own price 24 hours after contacting local contractors myself £200 to £250.
The tenants had so many complaints about trying to contact and deal with PB that within months of the tenancy commencing I had to take over the management of the rental myself whilst still having to pay PB for their awful service.
AVOID!!!!!
The strain of dealing with PB put me off so much that I decided to sell the property they were managing and yes you guessed it I did not use them to sell it!
I went with a high street estate agent for whom I have nothing but praise. See my review on JP & Brimelow.
See also the BBC watchdog review of purple bricks for conformation of how this company operates. I now hear that PB are trying to bully allagents.co.uk with threatening legal letters because they don't like many, many similar reviews like mine being put into the public domain - What a nice bunch!!
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!
Bad value