Nov 30,2017
Nov 30,2017
APPALLING company.

The initial customer service when becoming tenants is good, fair and very helpful.

Our circumstances changed and we had to get an early termination for which we wanted to vacate and end our tenancy earlier.

We did, under the understanding that we would be liable until the date that we gave to move out. This was confirmed in writing around a month or two before we were due to vacate.

After plenty of emails on my part to make sure they knew when we were leaving (we were liable til 20th Nov, we moved out on 16th), no red flags appeared for them until THREE DAYS BEFORE we were due to move into our new property (bearing in mind we had entered into a new tenancy elsewhere by this point and they had emails communicating this in advance). I then had a panicked Centrick rep saying we were liable for rent for the remaining 2 months of our original tenancy...after ALOT of stress and back and forth they conceded (as we had various emails confirming our understanding and THEY had made the mistake).

Come check out, I was operating on levels beyond my limit of stress and anxiety, and met a lovely checkout rep who went through the empty flat and reviewed everything. The checkout report I signed had ZERO issues listed AND the only thing we confirmed was ok to deduct from our deposit was the cleaning (moderate costs, nothing major, happy to pay). The next day we get an email saying this is the draft checkout please let me know if you agree to the costs - which was fine as we only had the professional clean and the report was the same as I had signed in terms of the fact there were no issues.

I said all good, go ahead. THEN I get an email saying oh, by the way we need to charge you RENEWAL fee of £40 for when we renewed our contract in Jan. I was quick to reply with a copy of our receipt to say nope, we do NOT owe outstanding money, here is my receipt for that payment. They actually sent 4 or 5 emails before they admitted that, yet again, they had made a mistake and all was well.

THEN came the issues in paying us our deposit - we have a joint account for which we provided the details THREE times before they sent HALF and then we had to send various emails to say AGAIN send us the money to ONE account. Got through THAT rigmarole by last Friday.

Two days ago I received email notifications TWICE for viewings to be held at the property. We do not live there anymore, so I politely reminded both the two reps I had emails from of this information (they were also two reps who had complete knowledge as they had been cc'd into all other emails).

Now it is Thursday - TWO WEEKS after we moved out, and a week after checkout and two days since we received our deposit IN FULL. I get a call - "the landlord has sent us a picture of the fridge door insert which is broken, did you know about it and are you willing to pay?" I said we did know, as it had been there upon our check in.

I have explained that we are not willing to pay as we no longer have any responsibility for or liability for the flat as of 20th November and I have a copy of the chekout report I signed and further agreed to in writing (with no issues and only cleaning fees) AND our deposit has been sent back in full. The rep then went on to say ok, she will be in touch once she's spoken with her manager if there is anything else.

At this point, I am beyond stressed, I am anxious as to the NEXT issue they want to pester me for AND if I will have a week free of ANY contact from them and their incompetent staff - who, by the way DO NOT COMMUNICATE BETWEEN THEM!!! As I have dealt with about 20 reps all having some kind of email reply/information/two-penny bit into the entire process...

Literally the WORST company and so much so I've developed panic attacks as a result. Ironic as one of the reasons why we even started this process was to improve my stress and anxiety and overall mental health - which they ALSO knew.

Stay clear.