Jul 04,2012
Jul 04,2012
Following a job relocation in November 2010, once my position was made permanent, we instructed "dinosaur" high street Estate Agents. There are three offices (now four) in our small village. We started in late March on a sole agency with one of the Countryside group. After 90 days and one solitary unproceedable viewer, I went into Alan Sugar mode - think You\'re Fired. I then appointed the two remaining agents on a joint agency basis, and between July and end October we had a handful of viewers, all time wasters.

Just as we were becoming of the opinion we were unlikely to find a buyer, a speculative letter from Express EA arrived on the doormat. We figured that we could afford to give them a try (after all by this stage we were into November - a notoriously quiet time of year) and if nothing happened we could revert to traditional agents again in the Spring.

Joel Poole subsequently came out for a valuation, and extolled the virtues of how Express worked. Create interest, get viewers through the door, but in order to get attention, drop our price by £50k. But we were getting desperate, I wa spending each week away from my family and felt we could give it a go. Anyway after months of inactivity from the aforementioned dinosaurs, from day one we had viewers coming through the door. Now, I do realise that our original marketing price was overly optimistic, but we were now getting viewers, and what is more offers too! After around 6 viewings and several offers, we agreed a deal £20k above the Express suggested price. As we wanted to sell, we accepted the offer and this then proceeded to completion.

So, all in all, in my experience Express lived up to their claims, and today we are now sat in our new home.

My advice to anyone contemplating switching to Express to sell would b to give it a try. As the vendor you are in control as to what price you sell at. The world is a different plce these days, and the times of fat estate agents sitting on their backsides all day waiting for customers to walk through their doors are long over. Now is the time for an industry shake up, and it appears that Express firmly have the bit between their teeth.

Well done guys, many thanks.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office