Jul 04,2012
Kevin Owen
Jul 04,2012
I have never experienced such APPALLING service ever in my entire life! I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. I have spoken to my local MP about them. I hope they get closed down.

Kevin Owen promised things that never happened, I had emails ignored, I phoned and hardly ever got responses. For example, in the initial meeting I was told by Kevin that Cray and Norton advertises in numerous newspapers. This turned out to be a bare-faced lie. They had not advertised in newspapers for years but I was told this was a recent decision.

I was fed up of lie after lie after lie and when I told Kevin I would be seeking an alternative Estate Agent he became almost threatening.

I hated the way he spoke to me and he bad-mouthed other local estate agents, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Personally I feel sorry for the other people who worked there as they seemed genuinely nice and helpful. I believe Kevin is going to run that business into the ground as all I\'ve heard are bad reviews. In fact, I discovered there is a petition circulating trying to get the place closed down. I gladly put my name on the list.
By: STUNG
Jul 13, 2012
I had actually been attracted to cray and norton as letting agents for my property via kevin. - he told me a donation was made from every rental and sale to eco projects and charities... No idea if i was played on this....
I was told by colleagues of his that he'd moved to the "eastbourne office" - so i'm guessing that was a lie...
As far as i'm concerned cray and norton simply charge landlords for the privilege of taking an entirely unearned commission from their rent.Before eventually - some 10 days minimum later (in my case anyway) passing on the remains of the rent. I wont be renewing and it's a shame - because if i'd had any level of service whatsoever other than being tricked out of their commission i'd have stayed with them..I may still go to court on this because i've been paying for nothing but the privilege of them taking their "cut" and earning interest on my rent for around 2 weeks before deigning to pass it on to me.
And before anyone suggests otherwise - no i haven't been "set up" by anyone to write this - it's purely based on experience..
By: Emma Pelling
Jul 07, 2012
Yes I do know him. We met up for coffee and he told me about his story which was very similar to mine. Although it sounded like he was treated far worse. But anyway, my only concern was with Kevin screwing the business over and putting other employees out of jobs - now I hear he has left, my concerns have diminished.

I do not have a personal problem with you Darren, so I wish you the best of luck.
By: Darren Cray
Jul 07, 2012
Kevin worked with me for many years and in my opinion you are in a very small minority as Kevin was well liked by many of my customers and although as a company we try and keep everyone happy sometimes you just cant please some people.

Also do you know this digruntled seller on facebook? no so therefore its probably Streets Ahead!
By: Emma Pelling
Jul 07, 2012
I am glad Kevin has left.

The petition was on Facebook and was created by another disgruntled seller.

I begged Kevin to advertise my property and he refused.
By: Darren
Jul 05, 2012
Dear Emma, thanks for your comments, Im pleased you were happy with the other staff that work at Cray & Norton as they are a really nice bunch and im sure you will be pleased to know that Kevin actually left the company at the end of last year. The agent that sold your property Streets Ahead actually approached him to work for them, but he turned them down as he has some integrity.

I have also heard about a petition being in circulation and stems from my lovely relationship with my main competitor Streets Ahead who funnily enough is the agent that sold your property and i assume put you up to writing this review!

Our advertising does include newspaper advertising and if you look at the Guardian newspaper next week you will see our advert.

We are a family run business that strives to do its very best for our customers and i will take all of your points on board and continue to improve our business.

Regards