Jul 04,2012
Jul 04,2012
I am 42 and this was the first property I had bought as a single person. My friend spotted this 3/4 bed property on the internet and I was so captivated by it that it was the only place I looked at. What seemed a little odd to me was the choice of Express Estate Agents, based in Manchester, well over an hour away from Ilkeston.
My first impression of Express was that they were very pleasant, vocally very clear but a little bit pushy in terms of where I was going for my mortgage. I had already chosen to do this through my bank, HSBC, as I had spoken to them before I viewed the house. Express told me this was bad news as they were taking longer than everyone else but when it became clear I was going with HSBC regardless, they sensibly advised me to try to go for Birchall Blackburn from the HSBC panel of solicitors as they worked closely with Express. I did this and anticipated a smooth transition as both parties were keen to move and there was no chain.
The HSBC mortgage offer, however, took ages. At least four times I thought everything was done only for HSBC to ring with another request for a fax. So all in all Express were justified in what they had said.
Everything seemed to move at a snail\'s pace and during this time Sophie shared any exasperation I had. As it began to conclude she was extremely helpful in finding out information from the solicitors who would have a range of different people dealing with me and hardly ever rang back.
Sophie was usually available but would ring back promptly when not. The issue with this sale was the sellers\' need to move before a certain date so she would have been getting pressure from both sides. I found her extremely clear, very pleasant and a good advertisement for estate agents.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office