Jul 03,2012
Jul 03,2012
Watch out, this company is the most corrupt and untrustworthy estate agent I have ever dealt with. Upon moving in to my flat in Wapping, several things were broken and not working, it took months to finally get these sorted after chasing them up every day. The majority of the problems came when we were moving out, we were charged obscene amounts of money for the cleaning of the property. We had the flat cleaned twice professionally and it was still not up to Abatoria standards so Abatoria demanded this was cleaned for a 3rd time by them as they hadnt left me enough time to sort it myself (due to the incompetence of the staff). The owner of Abatoria showed me some pictures on her phone of our flat dirty, which I believe wasnt our flat, as I had been there when the flat was cleaned the first time around and it was spotless. Then by magic the next day when I requested to see these pictures, her children had deleted them from the phone. Surprise, surprise, it gets better and better! Very professional. Drained and exhausted from the laborious task of chasing down useless people in their office, we finally got some answers after several weeks. We were met by verbally aggressive manager (Tijen) and a junior who was very sarcastic via email. We eventually settled the final payment at a huge cost as we wanted to wash our hands off this joke of an estate agents. Be warned, do not do business with Abatoria or risk losing all your deposit when you move out, they will quote obscene prices for cleaning costs and charge for anything that is not perfect (at their price too)

Avoid the aggressive Turkish sisters, they are a real fright.

Never again. horrendous service.
By: Marcel
Jul 17, 2015
I was the lettings manager with Abatoria,
Hopeless company which scrapes the barrel every month. Never pays staff who leave what they are owed. I am a believer of what goes around comes around. This is her husband. His company dealt with all the management. http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/rogue_plumbers_who_charged_14_400_for_blocked_drain_repair_in_court_1_2012382
I was suspicious of the services and even went to the police. Every time one of her husbands workmen visited a managed property a huge exorbitant bill would be presented. The company employed people to ring up their customers to hound them for payment due. The tenancy agreement is printed in house. Don't believe the shit they say that a top London lawyer has prepared the agreement. It is printed on card to look proper lol . The they Abatoria is charged for referencing is around £12.00 per person. Don't trust their inventories. They re type and prepare their own report so that they can charge huge amounts. They also have an inventory clerk who will write anything Abatoria want written within the report. If anyone ever needs a positive witness to their dealings, then please contact me. In the time I worked there I never EVER heard a complimentary word from any of the clients.
By: Carol
Dec 07, 2012
I found them very unprofessional. I walked in on a saturday morning to find a young man sleeping with his face on the desk and basically telling me they didn't have any properties that could interest me. After seeing a flat on their website, I requested a viewing online and got no response, so I went to their office again on a saturday to be greeted by the same young man, who noted down my request to see the flat and said he'd contact the landlord. 5 days later, I still hadn't been contacted to confirm the viewing, so I phoned them back and spoke to a woman. She said I had to deal with the young man, who was the sales agent. I explained to her what my experience dealing with him had been and I requested that another agent dealt with me. She promptly said she'd speak to her manager and call me back within 10 min. The whole day went by and no calls. I have now bought a flat with another local agent and would not recommend anyone looking to buy a place to deal with Abatoria. Very unprofessional attitude from all involved in dealing with my viewing requests.
By: Khris - tenant in Wapping
Sep 07, 2012
in response to "Truthful Tennant" who said "would not surprise me if this is a friend of the family": and what if the first comment at the top from "never_again" was from Abatoria's competitor doing this as a strategy to send business their way?? what do you think??
I am a happy tenant who found my flat through them, they follow and apply the law.
By: Truthful Tennant
Aug 10, 2012
Knowing this company, and the people mentioned in this comment, would not surprise me if this is a friend of the family...! Just goes to show my level of trust with these people after my dealings. I had many instances where I questioned the teams honesty and some instances were actually laughable! Understand greedy landlords love these people... not so great for the honest tenant who is being screwed over.
By: Mrs Dickinson
Jul 18, 2012
After reading the comments above my husband and I thought we should post our thoughts...
We have been doing business with Abatoria Residential for many years and can honestly say we have never had a problem with them. In actual fact we can only praise them for their professionalism and how well they are looking after our property in Wapping.
We are not as young as we used to be and found the letting process a little too much to grasp. All the regulations, all the horror stories regards to tenants, estate agents and pretty much everything seemed negative if you wanted to rent your property out. Then we met Tijen, who was personally recommended by one of our neighbours. They said she had been in the area for a long while and that she was very straight talking and extremely trustworthy. After meeting Tijen she put our minds to rest. She assured us not to worry and that she would personally see that our property (our future pension) would be looked after properly and she was and still is true to her word.
She doesn’t let anything slip which is exactly what you want when you are a landlord. As an agency they make sure that everytime our property is rented to another tenant the old tenant has to give the property back in the same condition they receive it in. This is fantastic as it means our property does not deteriorate over time.
Having read your review it seems that you may not have given the property back as you should have done so or thought was acceptable. Maybe that’s why you were charged? We had a similar situation with one of our tenants - They thought that the clean was really good and because they had a receipt it was acceptable. When my husband and I went to the property it was clear that the clean was very poor and not done properly at all. In fact it was as though they hadn’t had it cleaned. It seemed like they had managed to get hold of a receipt and thought they would get away with not paying for a proper professional clean. Tijen jumped on this immediately and told us not to worry as every property has a check out report. This report is done by an independent company and tells you the real condition of the property. At that point we realised they had not had the property cleaned properly and we thank Tijen and her team for all their hard work.
We would recommend Abatoria Residential for a number of reasons - They really do look after your property, they guide you as a landlord correctly and take no non-sense from not so good tenants.
By: Letting King
Jul 10, 2012
I had a similar experience with this letting agency at my flat in Docklands.

They use every trick in the book to con more money out of you. Stick to high st letting agencies, they are more regulated and less adverse to snidey tactics.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Abatoria Residential Office 1! To leave a new review of Abatoria Residential Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Abatoria Residential Office 1