Jun 20,2012
Jun 20,2012
Put property on the market for 12 weeks contracted period. Told that I would pay 1.5% +VAT if property sold. Also Alex Knight took from me £120.00 which I was lead to believe was in case I pulled out within the contract period. However on terminating the agreement after 12 weeks and have had only about 1 viewing I was told that the £120.00 fee was non-refundable. This I could not believe. Searching the contact details written by Alex Knight there is no mention of this "Marketing fee" and the brochure states "No Sale No fee". Having challenged Alex Knight about this I was told that I was the only one ever to have complained (he should look on the internet!) and then started to tell me what other agents did. The upshot being that basically I was told to "go away". I feel totally conned by Bairstow Eves and Alex Knight in particular. Others on the net have had this experience from other of their branches. I would call this theft by deception. I propose to take the matter up with the Property Ombudsman. I would not recommend Bairstow Eves in any way. My feeling is steer well clear of them.
By: lowephi
Dec 12, 2012
I did eventually get a refund from Bairstows, but not before making several phone calls and writing to the area manager to voice my complaint in no uncertain terms, so fortunately did not need to go to the Property Ombudsman. Curiously I have just been telephoned by the Beeston office asking me to remove my review on this site dated 20/6/2012. The words "legal department" and "defamatory" were casually dropped into the conversation by Alex Knight. I will not remove the review nor will I be threatened in this subtle manner. Everything I reported was true and reflects my personal view of this branch. I would still avoid them like the plague.
By: Nitu
Jul 01, 2012
I am just about to be conned by them with regard to the £120.00 fee which was never mentioned. Please could you tell me how to report this to the Property Ombudsman and could I also ask what their response was.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Bairstow Eves Southbury Road Branch! To leave a new review of Bairstow Eves Southbury Road Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Bairstow Eves Southbury Road Branch