Jun 24,2012
Jun 24,2012
We went to view a property through cedar estate agents which was being decorated at the time. The carpets were ripped, mouldy in places and had cig burns in areas. Alex from Cedars ensured us that the carpets would be replaced, the sofas will have new covers and the property would be professional cleaned. They blamed the previous tenants and rather naively, we believed them. The day we moved in, as we opened the door, a stench of mould and paint fumes overwhelmed us, the carpets had not been replaced nor had the property been cleaned. One of the bathrooms contained broken glass and the other had mushrooms growing in the bottom of the shower tray. We contacted Cedar\'s immediatley to ask why they hadn\'t cleaned or replaced the carpets and they denied everything and told us we had a contract and if we didn\'t like it, we could leave in 6 months. Over that long terrible 6 months, we had multiple instances where strange men would enter the property whilst my housemate was in bed sleeping. We would contact Cedars and they would deny all responsibility. Our clothes were mouldy and we had thick black mould on all walls. Cedars agreed to having the damp specialists vist property and they informed us it was a health hazard and the property was not built to be used for residential lettings. Cedars ignored the report along with everything else that went on:
Washing Machine that would flood the floor and go through the the offices below
No central heating
When we left, we had the property professionally cleaned and paid for the property to be redecorated and they still charged us for the damage to the carpets!!! To end what was the worst renting experience, we then had a bill for £700 which was due to the fact we had electric heaters that had been wall mounted. we had no choice but to have these on all the time as cedars were blaming us for the mould. They were bullies, highly unprofessional, broke all laws for tenants and rip of merchants. Please all tentants, avoid this estate agents at all costs. There are plenty of other agents out there who will provide you a decent property!!
They ripped us off and put us through hell
By: Jen
Oct 06, 2012
Sounds about right. In fact, this sounds a lot like the place I rented from them.

Here's my review: http://www.allagents.co.uk/review/34422/

Cedar, you know that this is a real review. Stop lying for the good of mankind! Why don't you do the decent thing and cease business. The world (North West London) will be a much better place!

Sorry to hear of your experiences Katherine. I feel your pain.

By: Darren Yanover
Sep 12, 2012
Further to my message on the 25th June 2012 we have still not heard from you. Having looked into this further I believe this is a mallcous review from another agent. However if I am wrong and this is a genuine complaint please contact me with your name and address of the property in question so that I can resolve this.
Even if you do not want to contact us directly please put the address this forum so that we investigate further. Failing which I believe this is a fake review. Darren Yanover (Director)
By: Darren Yanover
Jun 25, 2012
We are extremeley sorry to hear about your experience, however we are not aware of any tenancy where this happened. Please contact me as soon as possible so we can resolve this issue. Darren Yanover (Director) 020 7431 1100.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Cedar Estates Office 1! To leave a new review of Cedar Estates Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Cedar Estates Office 1