...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Oct 11,2017
By: 'ismith'
Oct 11,2017
The worst letting agent I have ever had to deal with.

The process started when I replaced an already existing tenant. During this process CS were rude, unhelpful and incompetent. Every time I called to ask some quick question regarding the process of taking over a liquidated tenancy, they told me I wasn't their priority and insisted I pass on all my questions to the current tenant. This included all financial questions such as cost of rent, deposit and payment information. When it came to paying the deposit the document they sent me was incomplete and the sections containing the bank account information were empty. When I called to ask for the account information they were incredibly rude, (telling me I wasn't their priority) and eventually emailed me this information after prodding.

During the tenancy there were no major issues, however there were several violations of the the tenancy agreement, typically by entering the property without warning, twice with less than two hours notice, once with no notice. During the tenancy they were typically slow to respond to emails, if they responded at all, and small maintenance requests went ignored. When it came time to end the tenancy they were slow and unresponsive with their communication. They ignored their own policy on reference requests, (references are written every other Friday) and it took them over three weeks to write us a reference (which ended up being the answers to five yes/no questions). When I called them to ask about the status of the references they were incredibly rude to me, and again told me I was not their priority.

The return of the deposit was another cause of frustration. They explicitly tell the tenants not to initiate the return procedure (If we do they will request that none of the deposit is returned). Six weeks after the tenancy ended we still hadn't heard anything from them, with several emails sent to both the accounting team and lettings team. The deposit was eventually returned with minor cleaning fees subtracted.

To conclude this company are an absolute nightmare to deal with. Emails are not responded to, over the phone they are rude and refuse to answer questions, and if you go into the office (which smells of stale dog) they again refuse to speak to you.

I'd also like to echo a previous reviewer and comment that a lot of the recent reviews appear fake. After a string of negative reviews, a large number of absolutely glowing reviews all arrived within a few days, all using very similar language.

Complete Solutions (Scotland)