Jun 22,2012
Jun 22,2012

The office staff may be friendly, but they\'re not particularly helpful.

If you have a maintenance issue don\'t expect it to be resolved any time soon! They use a bunch of cowboy builders who are unreliable and do terrible jobs of repairs. The builders rarely turn up when they say they will, Y&G do little to help. The builders do shoddy work, Y&G do little to help.

Y&G say "yes" to pretty much anything you ask for, then leave you sitting around waiting whilst they fail to keep you informed of progress or chase up contractors.

Inspections are incredibly relaxed, being little more than your landlord saying "does anything need fixing" when he walks in through the door and doesn\'t even check to see if the property is being maintained. Then whatever you tell him gets added to a list, which then gets "prioritised" or in other words left for another year until the landlord decides he can afford to do it.

They try to charge £50 to have a name removed from the tenancy agreement when someone leaves and neither the person staying nor the person leaving want that name left on the agreement. They then claim the landlord waived the fee, which really means they realised they were being ridiculous and couldn\'t really charge it.

They tried to tie me in for another 6 months after I made them aware I was looking to move, for rather serious personal reasons. They said there was no way I could move out until the 6 months was up and there was nothing they could do to help me. This was a lie, as the agreement stated I could cover the rent for the period or allow them to let it out again and just cover any losses i.e. rent for the period the property was empty. They failed to stay in touch, kept my deposit, and the person who was paying the rent for me to help me never paid the last 2 and a half months rent yet Y&G never contacted us again! Perhaps they found new tenants?! All I know is a few months down the line the property, and several others on their books that I had been interested in in the past, all went up for sale...a sign that their business is failing perhaps?
Use better more reliable and more professional contractors, act on maintenance issues more quickly, keep tenants informed of progress, and discuss with their landlords the issues raised by their tenants to make arrangements for works to be carried out rather than be fobbed off by the landlords\' cries of \"I can\'t afford to do this yet\".

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Young & Gilling Residentia Office 1! To leave a new review of Young & Gilling Residentia Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Young & Gilling Residentia Office 1