Jun 21,2012
Jun 21,2012
These guys are the type of estate agents that give estate agents a bad name. Totally unscrupulous. All smiles and friendly when they\'re trying to make a sale - after that they dont\' want to know. I rented a flat that was riddled with mould through them and got out as soon as I could. They didn\'t reply to any emails, except when there was some gain for them. The flat was in a terrible state when I moved in - onion peelings in the kitchen, used tissues and rubbish under the bed and mould in the ceiling where the roof had leaked. The landlord then at the end had the cheek to deduct money from my deposit, despite the flat being left in a much better state than when I moved in and Mark Beaunmont made no attempt to negotiate and just fobbed me off to the TDS. Got a much better service from a local Sydenham estate agents (Property World and Uniplan).
By: Beaumont Lettings
Jul 06, 2012
Dear Sirs,

Many thanks for using the All Agents website and providing us with feed back on your dealing with us.

I am sorry to hear of your grievances however I have now looked into the processes that you went through within our agency and under the guideline and the information provided I can see that we have assisted you in every manner possible until such time that it was the responsibility of your Landlord. (good)

When you took the property you were advised from the onset that this property was managed by the Landlord and any queries with regard to the property (inc maintenance) would have to be directed to him after signing the agreement, and that in your move in paper work you were issued all contact details for them. We (would have) assisted you to the best of our ability, (;) however, we had no instructions from the landlord and to deal with the type of problems that you have raised. We did a ‘let only’ service for the landlord and we were not managing the property.

We were advised by the landlord that he (the Landlord) had cleaned the property, prior to you moving in. Your Landlord also instructed us not to have an Inventory arranged before your arrival before you moved in, against our advice. This means that we had no clear indication of the true condition of the property prior to your move in. We had been advised by your Landlord that the property was in good condition. Having previously acted for the same landlord, we had no reason not to take his word.

After your told us that you had problems with the roof leaking, we assisted you in bringing this to your Landlords attention. We advised the landlord to deal with the matter promptly and in accordance with his lease and his responsibilities to you. Again, as we were not instructed to manage the property, then this was a matter between you and the landlord direct.

I am most sorry that have felt it necessary to complain about our department. Whilst I understand that you are aggrieved, especially after your Landlords decision to deduct an amount from your deposit, I can wholeheartedly say that it was beyond our control. We have strict rules to obey when it comes to tenants deposits. Once a dispute and a stalemate is reached between the landlord and a tenant, we have no alternative to pass the matter to the TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme – who is the government bodied scheme for the protection of deposits) to resolve. As a matter of course we always encourage both parties to negotiate.

In this instance with the particular grievances that you have had, I feel that you would have had a very different experience from us, we been instructed to manage the property.

Beaumont Lettings

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Mark Beaumont Office 1! To leave a new review of Mark Beaumont Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Mark Beaumont Office 1