Jun 21,2012
Jun 21,2012
After 2 and a half years of what can be described as absolutely pathetic dealings with these cowboys, I am finally free!!!

The property was a large 4 bedroom property on the outskirts of Crawley. When we viewed the property we were informed by David "the slimeball" O\'Connor that it was unfurnished. This wasn\'t true. We had our own furniture which we wanted to use instead of the 30year old tat that was in the house and we ended up paying for storage for that crap!!

A bug bear of mine as well was the fact the they charge THE TENANT £60 for a quarterly inspection. Forgive me for sounding silly but shouldn\'t the LANDLORD be getting charged that and not the tenant? Oh wait a minute......they charge both. Most of the time it was just a note popped through the door which shows they never bothered looking anyway. £120 in the pocket, thanks very much you muppets, lots of love David O\'Connor

I found Marco to be one of the easier people to deal with from this outfit but getting my deposit back at the end of my tenancy proved to be a long and laborious task. David? Well he is just everything you would expect from someone who has the genetic makeup of a reptile. Grant - David\'s little lap dog, always nice and friendly to your face but on the phone he\'s 6ft 4 and 20stone solid muscle from his attitude. He\'d be lucky to be 9stone wet!

As I\'m not a person who likes liars and bullies, after a while I decided that going in person to their office was a much more effective solution. They weren\'t so big then. I mean, most of the older "men" in that office must all chip in and bulk buy a pallet load of Just For Men as I\'ve never seen so much hair dye in all my life!

Generally I am telling everybody that reads this to stay well away from Platinum Estates. They are absolutely useless and anybody I have come across has never had anything good to say about them(homeowners and even legal representatives included). I\'m stunned as to how they are still in business! They couldn\'t run a bath! Totally unprofessional and untrustworthy! They won\'t last much longer!

Glad to be rid of them at last!!
Disappeared in a puff of smoke before I signed the tenancy agreement would have been nice!
By: Lying money-grubbers.
Apr 21, 2014
Agree with the comments on here... Worst agents I have ever dealt with. They consistently lie, don't deal with the most basic (and serious) of maintenance issues, and constantly blame the landlord. Their office staff are rude and objectionable, and as a company they are the worst sort of money-grubbers. We have also been charged for inspections that they clearly didn't carry out, and a refusal to pay the tenancy renewal fee (which is your right!) is met by a threat of eviction. They don't give out landlords details, but then read any post you send care of their office.
Horrible, unscrupulous, bullies, summed up by his reference to himself as a "person of authority". Seriously??
When we moved in, the property hadnt been cleaned, no maintenance carried out, and nothing we asked them to follow up was done. They charge the tenant for property "inspections", which basically involves the owners wife walking round taking pictures of your kids rooms, and then pocketing cash for doing nothing. If you argue deposit deductions, and the adjudicator finds against you, they charge you £200 !! Presumably if you win (proving they essentially tried to steal YOUR money) you can't charge them anything...
I'd call them cowboys but they're more like crooks. Avoid like the plague - they are scum!
By: Ripped off
Oct 10, 2012
I do love the response "Davod" has written above! Nice to such a professional and well written piece....NOT! These people are bad,bad to the core no morals and will lie their way out of any situation!! Do not use or recommend them to even your worse enemy. Have so many tales about 'twat-num" but I fear I may crash this website with the sheer volume!!
By: Davod OConnor
Sep 19, 2012
We are understandably disappointed to read such vitriolic abuse.
I am uncertain exactly which property this relates to. All I can really say is that the facts speak for themselves over 10 years and thousands of tenancies we have had only 2 written complaints. We are members of ‘The Property Ombudsman’ ‘TPO’ and over 10 years received by only 2 formal complaints from tenants, sent to TPO. That an average of one every 5 years.
We take all complaints serious, and we would encourage this individual to make a complaint via the normal channel (a letter) however this sort of abuse is unlikely motivate by service issues and most likely undertaken from unscrupulous competitors.
Managing properties and tenants expectations is not always easy. We always attempt to be fair and reasonable while looking after the Landlord interest. Collecting rent is not always’ easy, explaining to a tenant that they must cut the grass is not always easy. Tenant will on occasion be rude and take a dislike to figures of authority.
All we can do is remain polite and help resolve issues as quickly as possible.
The facts are clear:-
We successfully manage hundreds of properties.
We have processed thousands of successfully tenancy.
We protect our deposit with the DPS service and due to the close monitoring of properties rarely make a disputed deposit deduction.
10 years in lettings, large town centre offices, solid security for any tenant of Landlord.
Aug 31, 2012
Exactly the same experience! Ruth- rudest person i have ever dealt with in customer environment. She had the audacity to tell me i was wasting her time when she could be getting on with something else- after they had double charged us rent!!!
By: becky blogga
Jul 12, 2012
agree 100%. You summed them up perfectly. I am a landlord and have had an equally deplorable experience. Could you pls post this review on Yelp too? I am going to as it is only fair to warn the general public of these...as you put it...'reptiles'. Best of luck.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1! To leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1