Oct 07,2017
Liam Feeney
Oct 07,2017
I had a viewing schedule for 3pm on Saturday 7 Oct 2017 at a property in Caterham. I was very excited when I saw the property on Park & Bailey website. Unfortunately, due to heavy traffic and our taxi driver getting lost and taking a longer road, I was 25 mins late. I rang prior to the scheduled time to advise Liam Feeney from the Caterham office accordingly but I could not get through to Liam. I rang the Warlingham office also and was advised they would contact him and revert back to me. I did not get any call back from them. I tried for Liam again at his office (as I did not have his mobile number) without success. I did not receive any calls from Liam himself. As soon as we arrived, I called Liam's office and he answered. I immediately apologised for the delay. I had already asked his colleagues in Warlingham to extend my apologies to him for the delay. Liam told me he had another appointment and reproached my being late, and informed me he could not show me the property. I apologised again and explained that the taxi was held in traffic, that I had attempted to contact him and asked him whether we could maybe wait for him until after he had completed his next viewing. I was with my older sister and her husband. We would have looked for a cafe where we could sit and wait for him. He did not even consider this and immediately jumped at my throat stating that I was expecting him to change his entire schedule, to cancel his other viewing(s), stating that other people managed to keep to their appointment and not be late. I apologised again and again. He did not care. We spent around 10 mins on the phone. He is based in Caterham. That time he wasted being unpleasant, he could have shown us the property had he been there when we arrived and he would have easily made it back to his office in time. He was rude, disdainful, abrupt, condescending and did not offer any alternative date. I asked him why he was being rude to me and why he was speaking to me in this manner and why instead of lecturing me in complete disregard of my apologies, he had not suggested we arrange another viewing, he stated he was not going to show me the property; to which I replied, that was ok. If he did not wish to show me the property, that was ok. But he did not have to be rude. It seemed to me he simply had decided that I was not a prospective client good enough for him to treat with courtesy and professionalism. The traffic on our way there was horrible. We were picked up at 1:45pm. The cab driver was not familiar with the area and took a long route, which meant that a journey which was supposed to take 49 Mins to 1 Hour laster 1H40Mins. How could I have anticipated it? I am not someone who is usually late. I hate being late. I am not a person who enjoys making people wait and I can appreciate why he was upset. However, he needed not be rude and could have shown a little bit of empathy, which he did not demonstrate at the time. What a disappointment. I am not one to judge people hastily and won't do so notwithstanding this poor experience. I have written this review to demonise Liam or Park & Bailey. I do not know him personally and for all I know, he may well be a perfect gentleman and a kind and courteous man, who just happened this day to just be in a bad mood. This experience has however left a very bad taste in my mouth. Being a first-time buyer, I am in the process of learning how these things work and you hope to find across your path people who will be kind and understanding. Unfortunately, this was not the case today.
Not application
By: M. M. Damian
Oct 18, 2017
Your response is the reason why I chose to use media rather than your in house complaints procedure.

Liam Feeney was under no duress to offer to schedule an appointment at 15.00.
We arrived at the property at 15.20 and he was not there. I called the office at 15.22 stating that i had arrived'. Liam did not advise me that he had to go onto his next appointment and was due there at 15.45. He only stated he had another appointment hence why I asked whether it would be possible for him to show us the place after that appointment. I called the Caterham Hill office to say I was running late at 14:55 and thereafter called the Warlingham office. I offered my apologies for running late and asked Sam to relay them. Liam continually talked over me and was condescending. I was not shouting but exasperated and shocked at his rudeness. I did not repeatedly asked why I could not be shown the property now. That is simply untrue. and why he wouldn't come back and that you would wait. I never asked Liam to cancel or be late for his next appointment. He was incredibly rude and aggressive and kept bringing this up and asking whether this is what I expected him to do. I apologised at least 10 times for being late. This was witnessed by my older sister and her husband, who even remarked upon it. I might have well have been offering apologies to a wall. I did not hang up the phone when he told me he was the branch manager. I told him the way he had spoken to me had been incredibly rude and uncalled for, that I would complain, thanked him anyway and ended the conversation. Liam told me in no uncertain terms he did not intend to offer to reschedule and I did not email him asking to be removed from the mailing list which he did. I unsubscribed from your mailing list.

I am incredibly disappointed at your response but not surprised.
By: customer services department
Oct 17, 2017
We are incredibly disappointed that you have chosen to use media rather than our in house complaints procedure as we would have welcomed the opportunity to respond to your comments.
Having reviewed our system, I note that you called the Caterham office at 10.55am on the morning of the 7th and spoke to Liam Feeney - the Branch Manager. He explained that the diary was fully booked but offered to schedule an appointment at 15.00. You asked for earlier that day but he again explained they had no other available time slots and he was fitting this in between other appointments. You accepted the slot and he sent you an email confirming this and the full property address.
He left the office at 14.55 for the appointment and had to close the office to do so, arriving at the property at 15.00 and waited for 15/20 minutes and then had to leave. You called the office at 15.31 stating that ‘you had arrived'. Liam advised you that he had to go onto his next appointment and was due there at 15.45 so was not able to come back to the property. You advised Liam that you had called the Caterham Hill office to say you were running late but Liam replied that he was in the office from about 14.20 until he left at 14.55 and did not receive a call from you prior to then. You then advised that you had called the Warlingham office and let them know. The Warlingham office did confirm this. Sam took the call at 14.57 and confirmed that he would let the Caterham office know. He does not recall you asking him to call back, nor did you provide your contact details for him to do so or that you wanted him to pass on his apologies, just that you were late and needed to let them know.
Liam had explained when you booked the viewing in that morning how limited the office availability was and he continued to explain this to you during your conversation. He advises that you continually talked over him, were shouting and repeatedly asked why you could not be shown the property now and why he wouldn't come back and that you would wait. He does recall you saying that you had a two hour taxi ride to get there and that he was lecturing you for being late. Liam confirms that he did say he was due at his next appointment and it would not be fair for him to cancel or be late for that but he disagrees that he was lecturing you or being rude – he was simply stating the facts. He advised it was a difficult conversation with you repeatedly stating that you wanted to view that day and that at no time was any apology given for being late. You then asked who the branch manager was and when Liam responded that it was him, he said you hung up the phone. Liam did not immediately call back as he had to leave to make his 15.45 appointment. He had intended calling back on his return to the office to offer to reschedule but you emailed asking to be removed from the mailing list which he did.
I am then advised that you called the Warlingham office and spoke to Claire. She was very sympathetic but also explained how busy Saturday appointments can be. You advised her you intended to make a complaint and said you would never deal with Park & Bailey again. As she did not get the opportunity to provide you with any details of our customer complaints procedure, she called you back about 30 minutes later and left those for you.
We are very sorry that through no fault of your own – a taxi firm taking almost 2 hours for what should have been a 35 minute journey meant that you were 30 minutes late for your appointment. But there was simply no space in the diary to go back to the property for you. Whilst Liam understands your frustration, he personally accommodated a visit for you in what was a busy working day as he had no available sales staff and is incredibly disappointed at your comments.

Park & Bailey