Oct 07,2017
By: 'Rena T.'
Oct 07,2017
Being new to the UK from Canada , I needed to find a place to live as quickly as possible and didn't have much time to ''shop'' around and find the right agency.
When I moved in and eventually settled into my flat a couple of days in, I became very displeased that the agency was not more transparent in the state of the flat (i.e. poor plumbing, an oven that makes an irritating screeching noise every time it's used, and absolutely terrible insulation resulting in many freezing nights during the winter time - despite the tiny heater), oh and also dealing with the landlord who is not at all pleasant. I'm not sure what Dexter's standards are, but for living on Upper Street and paying as much as I did, this was unacceptable to me and I firmly believe the agency should have been more transparent.
I was also displeased with many instances of poor communication amongst the staff. For example, I was contacted by 5+ people (via email AND phone call) asking when my move out date was - surely this should be easy information to get a hold of/update on a central file that the whole team can access or refer to. Finally, the worst experience was when my standing order of rent for each month was misallocated to another flat owned by my landlord. Human error certainly is forgivable however, the agency did not take responsibility for this (as they should have) and a simple apology would have sufficed, but I did not get any acknowledgement.
I voiced these concerns to the staff - Henry and Andrew the manager was aware and despite listening to my feedback, I truly felt like there was no real care or concern about my experience.
Very disappointing.
By: Marilyn
Oct 17, 2017
Dear Rena,

I am concerned to read your review and we would value the opportunity to discuss this with you. If you could contact me at customerrelations@dexters.co.uk and provide me with more details regarding the areas of our service that you have been unhappy with, I would like to look into this matter on your behalf.

Kind regards,