Jun 17,2012
Jun 17,2012
My property was rented out through Leaders and Oak Lets (who Leaders later took over) over a long period (0ver 10 years) while I was working abroad. Leaders have a very generous view of what they consider \'satisfactory\' levels of tenant care and cleanliness. The filth in all corners of the house was at a level that would have caused immediate intervention and action from more caring, hands-on letting agents (I have had positive experiences elsewhere, where much higher standards are enforced). I wish I could say that Leaders and their predecessors were just preoccupied with rent collection - but even in this area there were frequent long delays in payments being made. Of course they always took their commission first.
When Leaders took over from Oak Lets in 2010 I believe, they came along with an opaque accounting systems. I have written detailed company reports for years but their statements were lacking in explanations as to what the payments (in drips and drabs) referred to, despite requests for clarity.
In sum, I would strongly recommend that would-be landlords give them a wide birth. I have detailed photographs of the condition of my property after Leaders managed it. I would post them if it were possible on this website.
Individual staff at the agency are personable but the organisation is dysfunctional.
By: David Montero
Jun 18, 2012
Please let me clear up a couple of your queries. We cant take out our commission until the rent is paid to us, as we dont have the funds to do that. The reason why payments are sent in "Drips and Draps" is becuase your tenants payments have been made in this way and as soon as rent payments have been made the funds have been released. We aqcuired these tenants when we brought the Oaklets business. We have an explanation doucment for our account statements, so i'm amazed you were never sent a copy?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Leaders Lewisham! To leave a new review of Leaders Lewisham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Leaders Lewisham