Jun 14,2012
Jun 14,2012
After careful consideration and having several agents visit my property I chose Victor Michael as I thought they had several branches and are registered with ALRA so thought they would perform well and be trustworthy.
They put unreferenced tenants into my 3 bedroom property not only were they unreferenced but on visiting my property which I had to do myself because I hadn't been receiving rent from the agency for months and every time I called to enquire why I was met with either staff that couldn't understand plain English or simply pushed me from pillar to post, kept me hanging on the line for 15 minutes at a time, gave fantastical excuses and stories, said they would have someone call me back ¢â‚¬â€œ which never happened or simply hung up on me.
This went on for several months. I only instructed them as I thought they would look after and manage my property while I was abroad.
Needless to say after months of what can only be called bullshit and bad service I had to go to the expense of taking time off work, getting on a plane, return to England and visit the property myself. When I got there I found 3 families living there, a total of 12 people living in my property. The property which, by the way, had been completely refurbished prior to them entering the property. The property was completely trashed, holes in the walls, brand new carpets burnt with cigarettes and iron burns, radiators hanging off the walls, a brand new kitchen with doors and fascias broken, hanging off or handles missing, lino torn, a dent in a brand new fridge/freezer, the cooker looked like it had an inch of filth all over it, the electric meter had been tampered with and by passed therefore the tenants were stealing electric.
The brand new bathroom suite had a cracked sink, bath panel missing, tiles missing from the walls, the bath was thick with dirt, toilet seat missing and excrement up the pan.
This company have not only cost me several thousands of pounds in unpaid rent, further legal cost's in getting the tenants out, but caused £17,000 worth of damage to the property
I have tried to call to speak to the director Mr Victor Khatri on numerous occasions, after eventually getting the tenants out, only to be told he's out of the office, too busy, will get back to me, is abroad, in a meeting or a range of other nonsense. On one of the occasions I called the head office at Stratford, Mr Khatri actually answered the phone himself. I thought great I'll finally get to the bottom of this. He said he was fully aware of the situation and it happens sometimes. When I put the list of failings and catalogue of errors to him that his company was responsible for he became very angry, abusive, threatening and he told me to just fuck off.
By: Victor Michael
Jun 18, 2012
Dear S.H

It bothers me greatly that you can post such an unsubstantiated review on this website without once having contacted me to make me and my staff aware of your troubles. I doubt very much that you are a landlord of my company. The story that you have produced as a review cannot be corroborated by any of the staff of my company. It seems highly unlikely that nobody would be aware of such a catastrophic situation where a brand new property was so severely damaged it cost over £17,000 to rectify. I also find it inconceivable that 3 families were living in this property, and that they happened to damage it to the point where it would be inhabitable for them. The least believable part of your story is that I would ever tell one of my clients to "F*** off" as you so eloquently put it.

At Victor Michael, we have an established procedure for complaints that is both tried and tested. If a client of ours is unsatisfied, their first port of call is to the Branch Manager. In this case, it would be the Leytonstone office as this is the office you say you dealt with. If you remained dissatisfied with the outcome, you would have then been given the opportunity to contact the Area Manager, Chris Barford. In the unlikely event that you still sought further redress, you would have then been put into contact with the Director of the company, whom you already know is Mr Victor Khatri.

If you still remained dissatisfied with the outcome, you still have the option of contact one or all of the three of the independent bodies with whom my company is registered with. The first of which is the Association of Registered Lettings Agents (ARLA), who have placed very strict operating procedures on the firm. They are the governing body for letting agents and have the authority to both adjudicate on any complaint received by any of our clients and impose penalties on its members should they find any evidence of mal-practice.

You also have the option of contacting the Office of Fair Trading and the Property Ombudsman, both of whom will act as independent arbitrators in the event that they receive a complaint against my company. Again, this is a free service for the customer but we pay quite handsome sums to these organisations in the event that there is a complaint. Clearly, if I were not confident that my firm operates in strict accordance with the rules, I would not place my finances and my reputation on the line.

The fact that you did not follow any of the above protocol can only mean one thing. That is you are unable to provide the necessary evidence to demonstrate that you are a client of Victor Michael Ltd. You simply wanted to write a frivolous and dishonest review about your alleged dealings with my company. I do not normally respond to negative criticisms on theses various websites, but made exception to your storey as I know it simply cannot be true.

I am a man of principal and honour, and nothing is more important to me than ensuring the tenants we select are suitable and credible, and the landlord’s properties are well looked after with the rent paid on time. I started my company, Victor Michael Ltd, over 23 years ago and have only grown in size because of our reputation and loyalty from our clients.

If you would like to call me to discuss anything that you are unsure of, please do so on 020 8519 2000. You can also contact the Office of Fair Trading or the Property Ombudsman quoting membership number NO2765.

I am confident that this review has come from one of our competitors who may also be a disgruntled employee. I would also like to make the point that this website does not substantiate any comments made and so they simply cannot be relied upon.

Mr V Khatri
Director of Victor Michael Limited

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Victor Michael Leytonstone! To leave a new review of Victor Michael Leytonstone, please click the link below !
Write a review for Victor Michael Leytonstone