Feb 28,2012
Feb 28,2012
I am completely shocked at the service given by Sheldon Bishop to both myself, as the tenant, and our landlord. Despite our landlord specificially requesting a certain type of tenant, she was assured that we were a 'perfect fit'. This was sadly not the case (without any slight on either our landlady or ourselves). Requests for removal of items in the property were completely ignored and not mentioned to the landlord. Sheldon Bishop neglected to inform us that the landlady lived above us and that we did not have access to the garden. I did not receive a copy of our contract until a month after we had moved in. Confirmation of our deposit being registered with a scheme was never received and I seriously doubt it was ever deposited anywhere. We were assured that gas and water were included in our monthly rent, but the landlady was assured they were not. The landlady was assured that the property would be professionally cleaned and the curtains dry cleaned upon our move out - needless to say we were not ifnormed of this leading to an out of pocket expense on both our part and the landlady (a compromise was reached so that our deposit could be partially returned to us when really it should have been Sheldon Bishop paying put).

I am completely disgusted with the service I have received from Sheldon Bishop and strongly advise against using them in any capacity - I know I certainly will.
- ensure that ALL information is relayed between landlord and tenant - process and provide documentation in a timely manner - pay more attention to your clients' needs and less on simply 'getting your cut'
By: Paul M
Apr 25, 2013
Hi im sorry to hear that you had a problem with the property. I believe this is a property on Kingsland road. We still rent this property and we are unaware of any displeasere with our service from he landlord. There is no "type of tenant" that is requested by the landlord other than ones whose references indicate the tenants are credit wortjy for the rent ? When tenants request items to be removed from a property it is signed for an a requirements sheet prior to move in and this is e mailed to the landlords so there can have been no discrepancy with items being removed? However if you would like to call the office and discuss we would be happy to clarify the situation.The landlord meetsa the tenants so im unsre how you would not have been aware that the landlord lives above ! The landlordy was not ausrred about cleaning and curtains from us they were just quoting form the AST contract you signed that indicates you need to do this? You signedc a contract that indicated you must do this but you assert Sheldon bIshop should pay for this. We atempted to assist you in your dealings with the landlords upon movin out of this property despite us not manging the property and therefore not having any responsibiltiy for the move out, ythis lay with the landlord who mabnged the property so that they only paid the minimal intodcution of tenants fee/commison so our role was minimal. Bur we always try and assit our clients and tenants where possible.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Sheldon Bishop Office 2! To leave a new review of Sheldon Bishop Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Sheldon Bishop Office 2