Jun 11,2012
Jun 11,2012
Before viewing the property i informed them that i was signed off work permanently, due to a disability, which they said was fine. Whilst viewing the property, every time i asked the agent a question he simply said he didn\'t know and to ask the office. Though despite his lack of knowledge i feel in love with the place, so i went down to the office to fill out the paper work. Upon first getting there the staff seemed friendly. Though as soon as she asked if i was in full time employment, and i reminded her that i was on long term disability, the general mood changed. I started to get glances from other members of staff. I continued to explain, that it was different from simply being unemployed, as i was assured my benefits, and have a higher income. She then asked if i could get a guarantor just in case, so i said my parents could do it, as they own multiple property, and have a decent income. She said this was fine. So i left to get the holding fee and proof of income. Though when i returned she told me that they couldn\'t take me, as i was on benefits, and they have had \'trouble\' with people on benefits in the past! I reminded her that my parents would act as guarantor, that i have never missed a rent payment, and that i am a quiet tenant, though she became more hostile. I then asked to speak to the manager, as i felt i was being unfairly treated. She refused to let me speak to him. Though after a minute someone claiming to be the owner came over, and was quite frankly very rude to me. I was so upset, and angry they had put me through all this that i left, not realising i still had one of their pens in my hand (only a basic plastic biro). Anyway the owner came running out and shouted up the street that i was a thief for taking the pen (despite the fact i was having a panic attack!) and all passers by where looking! Words can\'t even describe how this company has made me feel and the stress and upset this has caused. I can\'t believe they are even allowed to trade, i\'ve never seen or heard of anything like it! I wouldn\'t advise anyone to rent from them, after finding out how mis-leading they can be, and how quick they can turn on you, especially the owner! :(
Not discriminate against me for being unable to work due to illness!
By: The Oakfield Team
Jun 11, 2012
Dear “Unhappy Lady”

First of all, thank you for your feedback,

I have had the opportunity in speaking to the staff who dealt with you on this day.

I feel that this is not a true reflection on our business or indeed your experience with Oakfield.

Oakfield is run and managed by a team of fully trained professionals and we are one of the few companies in the area to be fully accredited by ARLA, the governmental standards agency for both lettings andproperty management.

We are very sorry that on the day of viewing the property in question, you felt that our home guide who has worked for Oakfield for 15 years was not as informative as possibly could have been, and we have taken this part of your feedback on board.

Following your other comments which we do feel are not all factually correct. As explained to you on the day,Oakfield is an agency representing Landlords.

As explained to you it was not Oakfield’s decision to not accept you on this property, we put all the facts to our client the Landlord and unfortunately this Landlord had decided not to accept any tenants who are not in full time employment.

Oakfield as market leaders in this area have a many tenantswho are in receipt of local housing allowance or who suffer with a disability and we have very good relationships with them, and will continue to manage many property’s with tenantswho receive LHA.

Many thanks

Hollie O'Shea
Oakfield Customer Relations
By: Unhappy tenant
Jun 11, 2012
Sorry to hear about your very bad experience. Unfortunately a leopard never changes it's spots. Hopefully people will start to realize what kind of unprofessional business people they really are. I believe it always comes from the top as always. Bad attitude owner - bad attitude staff. May I add that there are a few good staff members that I've dealt with in the past especially Penny. I've also noticed all the positive comments they have received recently. 23 in 33 days sounds a bit suspicious to me. Maybe a sign of desperation. Just my opinion. Tenants and Landlords/Landladies should all be treated with the same respect no matter what their situation is. They wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for people like us. What will it take for them to realize this.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Oakfield Hastings! To leave a new review of Oakfield Hastings, please click the link below !
Write a review for Oakfield Hastings