Our tenancy with accent has been dismal from the very start. the house was not in a clean state when we initially moved in, from mildew and lime scale to mold in the fridge. We had an inspection halfway through our tenancy and certain items were noted as damaged. This was simply not true, they argued that the items were new prior to us moving in and therefore it must have been our fault, however luckily i had photographed every speck of damage and dust in that house when we moved in and i managed to disprove their claims and escape a fine. To top this off, the damage they tried referred to was even noted down by myself on the initial inventory when we moved in, so it is obvious they do not read through this and take any opportunity to try to take money from the deposit. the biggest kick in teeth came after we had moved out. despite completely blitzing the house house before we left, we also hired cleaners and carpet cleaners recommended by accent, which after final inspection had done a poor job which resulted in Accent taking money from the deposit to clean again. ALSO, the inventory that the accent representative uses once we have left has items which are not on the initial inventory therefore we were called p on items that were missing. HOW ON EARTH ARE WE TO KNOW IF SOMETHING IS MISSING IF IT IS NOT ON THE INITIAL INVENTORY! THAT IS PATHETIC!.
Other problems include;
- taking days if at all to reply to emails.
- after mid term inspection, we were told items in need of repair (which the landlord is responsible for) such as the bathroom door, would be fixed and looked at within two weeks. well, two MONTHS past and the door got worse so I took it upon myself to fix it myself at my own expense. this was also the case with various other items such as broken beds and furniture.
- failing to notice that many things were in better condition after we left!
- fail to understand that dust does in fact settle EVEN AFTER CLEANERS HAVE BEEN IN!
- failure to respond to emails resulted in me traveling back to Cambridge to deal with issues when one reply could have saved me the 100+ mile journey and £40 in fuel costs. (I emailed two times a week in advance and also asked in person when i handed my keys in and the answer I got suggested that everything was taken care of because I explicitly asked if I needed to complete any other paperwork.
To sum up it personally feels like they had no intention to give us the full deposit back. after seeing the end of tenancy report, NOT ONE item allowed for Fair ware and tare which i feel is extremely unfair! in the past I have rented many times and have ALWAYS received every penny of my deposit, including a one year tenancy in a brand new untouched house. To be quite honest it is insulting. I did keep a comprehensive photographic record of everything though and compared it to the end of tenancy report, almost everything could be disputed and the report was at the very best pathetic and pedantic, which in many cases ignored our comments on the initial inventory.
VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. It really says a lot when even the cleaners that we employed at the end of the tenancy (as well as others that we obtained quotes from) openly stated that Accent have a reputation for being \'stingy\' and \'very difficult\' when it comes to moving out (quote, not my own words). In my opinion, once the tenancy ends and the rent stops coming, customer care disappears and it becomes a challenge to gain the most out of a big fat deposit. RUBBISH!