Jun 05,2012
Jun 05,2012
I rented through them about 8 years ago. One the day of my checkout, we waited two hours for them. They did not show so I called and they told me the inspection would be the next day but I had to go to the office today with my keys as this was my last rental day. They refused to let me in the property for the inspection, then withheld £100 of my £575 deposit for supposed cleaning even though I had receipts for professional cleaning. This was back in the day before deposit protection so they would find it more difficult to get away with this now.

More recently, I put down £200 holding deposit on a property with an approximate move-in date (the property was empty and they said the landlord was flexible with times). (On another note, they did not take the property off the market as promised). Two days later, I advised of my exact move-in date, which was 13 days after the original approx date. They decided that this was too late and I would have to still pay rent from the original date, or lose the property and my deposit. Nothing was in writing and nothing had been signed by anyone so far. I managed to get my £200 back after my credit card company intervened. The manager had not responded to any of my emails or phone calls. Terrible experiences both times and I will NEVER use them again. Once you hand them your money, you have opened a whole can of worms.
They are extremely underhand and untrustworthy for both tenants and landlords. They get contractors in to properties when it is not necessary therefore ripping off the landlord and they let tenants move into properties that are not up to the standard they expect when a tenant checks out. I know of others who have had similar bad experiences with them. In fact, I do not personally know of anyone who has been happy with Tobin Jones. Sorry but nothing would make me use this agent again, as a tenant or landlord.
By: Glad Im now a home owner
Feb 04, 2013
To Tobin Jones in response to your comment of 28/12/2012 - I did complain both times and both times you were not interested. Your 'management' staff at the time (I find it hard to believe you would still be employing those same people) were flippant and unprofessional to say the least. Why would you care though when both times you were not going to make any further money from me?
By: Tobin Jones
Sep 28, 2012
Tobin Jones Property is a member of both NALS and the Property Ombudsman scheme, both of which operate a very efficient independent complaints procedure with binding arbitration. Tobin Jones Property also operates an internal complaints procedure.

We work very hard to ensure that all our clients and their tenants are happy with our service. We have dealt with many thousands of tenancies over the years and are always willing to do our best to resolve any issues that might arise.

If anyone has a complaint we ask that they should make it in writing addressed to Tobin Jones at our Bicester office and it will be personally attended to.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1! To leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tobin Jones Office 1