Aug 06,2017
Aug 06,2017
If you are thinking of selling a house - and you are thinking of engaging an estate agent - and you are thinking about Simon Miller and Company? Think again. I let them have keys so that they could conduct viewings and I returned home after being away for a month to find my property damaged - dents all over the front of my fridge freezer. Lack of supervision of a child banging a toy into it? Something like that. I would suggest that they must not be trusted to conduct viewings. I accept that I signed a contract without fully understanding the terms - the Property Ombudsman says that any unusual or onerous terms should be drawn to your attention. The agent talked about fees and that it was a sole agency but never mentioned the duration - an unusually long 20 weeks. Nor was it explained to me that they will seek to extend this in the event that they introduce a buyer who fails to proceed. That time gets added to the 20 weeks. So to explain that properly - if they introduce a buyer and they can out after 8 weeks you are now under contract for 28 weeks!! You could find yourself locked in for ages. In any case, you might ask what kind of agent needs 20 weeks to sell a property? Communication with this firm is laughably terrible - you'l rarely if ever get a confirmation that they have received an email. Most enquiries go unanswered. Telephone call are usually not returned and when they are, not by the person you want to talk to. That led me to make a complaint and it took about half a dozen emails, several phone calls and three days for them to even acknowledge that I had made a complaint. If this is how they treat sellers, how can you have any confidence in the way they treat buyers? So in summary - read the contract carefully and get them to vary the duration to one that suits you. Make it clear that if you need to market elsewhere after a reasonable time - say 8 weeks - that you reserve the right to do that without penalty. Do not let them conduct viewings. Finally, if you are expecting modern 21st century communications and courtesy - then you'd better go elsewhere. I've been pushed to wait out my contract period and also make a complaint to the Ombudsman about this firm - take my advice and save yourself the aggravation of dealing with this very very sub standard and expensive agent. IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE - Simon Miller may put you in touch with people who will create an Energy Performance Certificate - DON'T USE THEM. They wrote up my property as being essentially un insulated when it complies and exceeds all current standards and this was all verified by Maidstone BC Building Control. More evidence of amateurish services.
Outrageous given the level of service.
By: Simon Miller - Chairman
Sep 21, 2017
Regrettably, this gentleman is not happy because he is not getting his own way! He is determined to complain to everyone and much of what he says is untrue and at times libelous. He was not prepared to engage with us in order to resolve any genuine grievance he may have and instead simply wants to behave unreasonably in the hope that his conduct will bully us into acceding to his demands. We are attempting to resolve his complaint and work with him so let's hope he can calm down and act sensibly.

Simon Miller & Company