May 31,2012
May 31,2012
We have been tenants for over 2 years, when we viewed the property we were told if we "proved ourselves as reliable tenants" then the misted up glass in the windows would be replaced after a couple of months. It took 18 months to get some of the glass replaced and even now there is glass sat out the back of the house which has been there for over a year waiting to be fitted! When we paid the required monies we were told the place had been professionally cleaned including the carpets and it had been newly decorated. IT hadn\'t been decorated at all, all the walls were marked and dirty. The house hadn\'t been professionally cleaned, the bottles of cillit bang were left on the radiators and it took me all day to clean 2 bathrooms and I found old knickers on the floor behind the toilet. It took my friend all day to clean the kitchen which was sticky and the oven was so gunged up you could barely turn the knobs on it. The carpets were also not cleaned and when I called the agents they argued with me on the phone that it had been done so I invited one round to look for themselves and showed them it all, they said they would follow it up, but I never heard anything!! The agents never call you back when you call and leave messages, or even speak to them adn they tell you they will call back to let you know what is going on. They want working tenants but then expect you to be at home all day waiting for their workmen. The workmen they use are foul mouthed idiots who have fitted double glazed glass to wooden frames with spong sticky pads and now all the beading around the windows is falling out, meaning the glass isn\'t secure. These are the same workmen who came to fix a leaking shower tray by scraping out all the grout and mastic and replacing it with standard grout and mastic, not the non mould so as you can imagine we now have a thick black mould showing through which I can\'t clean away as it\'s coming from behind the mastic. Now we have given in our notice I have been sent a letter telling me what they expect me to do before I leave including cleaning everywhere and having the carpets professsionally cleaned!!!!!! Within a day of handing in our notice our property is on the market again and at £100pcm more!!!! My partner and I have split up but he is looking for a flat and so we have been looking together to find him something. The first one we saw was with Appointmoor so I was a little dubious. We e-mailed in and asked for a viewing a lady from the agents called back and arranged it for a sat morning. We arrived at the property and waited 15 mins and no-one arrived, so we called and were passed to 4 different people, kept on hold one time for over 7 mins only to kept being told it wasn\'t in the diary and eventually we were told the contractor had the keys and someone would call us back. Within an hour they called and asked if they could show someone round our current proeprty that day, we said NO! Since then we have called every day and no-one calls back to book another viewing, they all blame someone else or being really busy and the only one in the office!! I spoke to a manager this morning who barely apologised and told me that the tenant of the flat had just moved out, they\'d done an inspection and it was in a state and required refurbing which would take 6-8 weeks which he told me wouldn\'t be any good (how he knew this I don\'t know?) he also said the rent would therefore be raised considerably probably from £325 which it was advertised at to £500!! I told him he hadn\'t been fair to keep messing us around and told him to cancel the viewing on our current property saturday as I wasn\'t prepared to do it. These agents need to be reported to all relevant authorities as they charge the earth for an appalling service, if you can call it that. Quick to take your money but when it comes to doing anything more than that they really show themselves up. Luckily in my line of work I have the ability to make my experience bery public and will do all I can to ensure people are aware of what they will have to deal with before handing over their money.
The agent could have communicated with us a whole lot more than they did. They could also ensure that they contact tenants they know are having repairs carried out to ensure the workmen turned up or at least return the tenants calls if they leave a message so they can be made aware. They can be honest with people, be MUCH more organised and communicate with eachother within the office more. They could employ more staff so they aren\'t always \"the only ones in the office\". They could recognise a good tenant and treat them as such. When customers complain to them they need to fully listen to what the person is saying, acknowledge & apologise for that individuals experience and then try to put things right. Basic communication skills and customer service training needs to be put into practise.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Appointmoor Estates Office 1! To leave a new review of Appointmoor Estates Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Appointmoor Estates Office 1