Aug 02,2017
Aug 02,2017
LANDLORDS BEWARE!!! In my opinion, after my experience, Whitegates are the worst agent I have used in the entirety of being a landlord.
They dispute correspondence took place when it did, which will be proven as it was electronic.
They state they are unable to inspect a property with any great attention in response to missing a 6ft x 6ft fireplace had been put back into use, yet are able to pick up on 1 carpet burns?????
They actually told me in correspondence that because they were not letting it anymore, they were not wasting any more time on it. Nothing like being thorough eh!
They have attempted to state that they had not been informed about the use of the fire until a much later date by me, even though I have correspondence that it was reported straight away.
I believe they are evasive, run by crooks as so many unregulated areas of business are and have attempted to obscure the facts and the truth, which in my opinion is likely that someone gave the tenant permission to use it which is breaking the law as they are responsible for obtaining safety certificates.
They have been reported to the property ombudsman.
I have now reported them to a dept. within the HSE, to which the executive will be investigating and auditing.
I will be taking them to court for negligence as despite returning the deposit which only covers all of the other damages, I cannot see how anyone could overlook a fireplace which takes up almost an entire wall and is in the room used to enter and exit the property.
In my opinion, they have been the worst of any agent I have used so far. They seem to really dance the line between the little regulation that there is, charge plenty and then put out when the landlord complains.
Already started arranging solicitors letters and a court date will follow. I suggest any landlord to go elsewhere, do not bother unless you want to run the risk of having your property destroyed. And I DO NOT SAY THAT LIGHTLY GIVEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A MAJOR FIRE AND SAFETY RISK!!!!
Good - if job done correctly Bad - seeing as it wasn't. Who after all would want to pay to have their house destroyed!
Attachments