May 31,2012
May 31,2012
i lived in a house rented off midas property i have recently left the house as the state of it was unacceptable not only to me but my 3 year old daughter to start off with i kept hearing a loud bang coming from the front wall inside my house under the front living room window i called midas and they said they wud ring back this went on for week until finally they sent an electritian to my house who used a lecky tester on my wall an sed it was fine in the follwing week the bang carried on so i took the wall paper off wer the bang was coming from and the plaster has turned black and fell off the banging subsided but ther was a sizziling noise coming from rthe wall i was terrified so called my dad round who knocked a hole in the wall wer he found a large black cable running along the inside of the wall with blue sparks running along the outside of the wall my dad used a pair of pilers an cut the wire to make it safe for me an my daughter and it made a loud bang an threw him back off his feet the nxt day midas sent some body to fix it ther was a joist wrapped with insulation tape in the wall an the wall its self was full of damp this was 2 years ago an it took them 6 months to come an plaster the big hole it left an left wires stickin out the wall so i had to cover them wiv a bin bag so my daughter didnt touch them. secondly about a year ago i had spot lights in my kitchen and bathroom tht wudnt work so i called them again and it took 3 months before they sent somebody out and the electriton they sent out was disgusted and told me i was very lucky my house hadnt gone on fire as the sop lights wer in a plastic celing an wer to close to the insulation ther wasnt any room for the wiring so they wer all tangled together an some of the lights didnt have transformer packs on as he removes some old transformer boxes they crumbled in his hand an the wire was burned threw so he left the lights hanging down and went away he didnt come back wen i rang midas they kept saying we will ring mr tom england who was the landlord of the house and it went on for a bout 5 weeks in the end i rang sefton council who put me intouch wiv health an safty who was disgusted at the state of the house and served my landlord a notice to get the work done the work finally got done an they put normal lights an plater bored over the plastic celing but neva came back to plaster it so i had a white plaster bored ceiling with black screws holding it up all the lecky faults i had in the house and my lecky didnt trip once because the trip switch was broken the health and safty suggested a rewire of the house but landlord insisted it didnt need one. about a 8 weeks ago my daughter went to open the door to her nan an slipped on water tht was leaking threw the front door i rang midas 4 times an they neva got bk intouch with me the front bedromm them developed black mould an damp from the bad gutters an once again i rang an once again i got fobed off ther was an oven already in the property a built in one and it broke my landlord sed he didnt have to fix it coz he didnt have to put it in so i had to pay out to get tht fixed even tho it was no fault of mine i have took pictures and also have a copy of the health and safty report i rang midas tht many times i knew who was on the phone jst by ther voices iam now in a better house wiv a lovely landlord who will do anything tht needs doing i wud not recomend these people as they take no care for ther tenents or ther tenets children
called back wen they say they wud and take care of there tenents and not left me an my daughter in a fire hazzord house
By: Pete
Jan 15, 2014
Everybody knows Midas is Liverpool's number one rogue agency.The company has been on the news all over this city following its prosecution by Liverpool city council on the 17th December 2013 regarding another property!!!!
By: Nickie
Jul 06, 2012
After finding this review, I felt the immedite need to respond to set the record straight on this. First and formost, we understand that as an agent we are the 'Middle man' between tenant and Landlord so it is very easy to point the finger and express bad experiences about an agent. In our defence I would like to set the record straight on this, Midas Property Management Ltd DID NOT / WERE NOT responisble for the repairs to the property as the LANDLORD carried these out himself or instructed his own contractors. Midas took the reports from the tenant and passed it onto the landlord which the above tenant was fully aware of. Midas cannot be held responsible for the actions or lack of actions from a Landlord as we do not have the authority to carry out repairs. So for anyone reading this I hope we have strightned this out, furthermore, I can confirm that the Landlord did get an electrical engineer to asses the damage which was deemed unsafe, however, I am informed that this was put right at the time which was approximatley two years ago! No further complaints were made by the tenant other than a ceiling in the bathroom/Kitchen needed plastering and painting! The landlord did not deem this painting as essential and given the serious arrears the tenant was in (approx £1500.00) he was not in a hurry to carry this out, I cant say I blame him. The front door issues, damp/mould/guttering has only been discovered from reading this review!!! Whilst the above tenant is quick to get her comments across, we have recently discovered that the property in question was abandoned, she has failed to return the keys or inform us that she has vacated or meet us for a check out inspection, has failed to clear the arrears which are rising as she is still repsonsible for the property as she is still yet to surrender it. To date the arrears are over £2000.00 and will continue to increase which will eventually fall into the hands of our debt recovery team who will pursue her for the full amount!! This tenant has failed to stick to numerous obligations as set out in her Tenancy Agreement and failed to stick to payment plans which we put in place as a gesture of good will. I can only feel sorry for her new landlord and her details will be added to the Landlord Referencing List so future landlords can be aware that she is far from a suitable tenant. I would NOT let to this tenant again!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Midas Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Midas Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Midas Property Management Office 1