May 29,2012
May 29,2012
Not sure what our fees went towards exactly. On our moving in date the flat was a tip and left in a poor decorative order. We were not explained to by the agents they were simply finding us on behalf of the landlord. It transpires we still have no gas safety certificate which is a poor reflection on both the landlord and agency, a basic in any tenancy is to ensure regulations are adhered to. Would not recommend.
Been more communicative and supportive ensuring gas certificate was available as a bare minimum.
By: RC
Jul 03, 2012
Emily having responded to you privately I wanted to briefly address the points again on this site. I am sorry for the problems you encountered on the day of move in. As we discussed, unfortunately in instances like this, where we are only asked to provide a ‘Tenant Find’ service, we have very little influence over the condition on move in unless the landlord specifically asks us. We did offer the services of various people including professional cleaners but the landlord, who checked out the previous tenants, gave us his personal assurance that it had been cleaned to a satisfactory condition and was ready for move in. I do however accept that this should have been made clear at the start.

However, when you reported your disappointment with the condition I immediately arranged for a cleaner to go to the property to clean the flat thoroughly. I did this at our expense as a gesture of goodwill. I also arranged on the same day for a handy man to remove all furniture that you said you did not require. Lastly, I got your landlord’s commitment to address any other points you raised as soon as possible and to confirm to me when they were complete. The gas safety was in place but as the landlord could not provide the certificate as promised on several occasions we insisted a new one was carried out which has been done and you should have the paperwork.

Problems like this are very usual but we take them very seriously and have learnt from this experience. We have now modified our pre move in schedule for properties we do not manage to ensure issues like these do not happen again in the future. Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Property World Sydenham! To leave a new review of Property World Sydenham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Property World Sydenham