Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
May 25,2012
May 25,2012
I was very interested in a property that Steyn were Advertising. I viewed it on a Friday afternoon at 3.30(with two other potential tenants) and wanted to fill an application and put a deposit down as soon as possible. After calling they said they closed at 4pm and they reopened on Monday morning at 9am and that it was \'first come first served\'.

On the monday morning I arrived at the agency at 8.15am to wait outside to ensure I was the first one there. The agency is located on a corner with very large windows so I stood outside one of them, I didn\'t stand in the doorway as I didn\'t want to get in the way of the staff coming to work. At about 8.30 I took a few steps and in the doorway of the agency was a woman who had viewed the flat on the Friday. The doors opened at 9am and she went up to one of the receptionists to say she was there for that certain flat. I then said to the other receptionist that I was there for the same flat, to which she replied \'Oh I\'m sorry, but she was here first\'. I then proceeded to explain I was standing outside for forty five minutes and they claimed \'first come first served\'. They then decided to let us both leave with applications and let the landlord decide. I went to a cafe to fill it out as quickly as I can with full references for me and my partner and handed it in by 11am.

I then received a call at around 2pm saying sorry they have gone with the other tenants. I was convinced that this decision had been made far too quickly for them to check references and I was right, I double checked with the agency I am with now and they didn\'t even call for a reference, nor any other references that were put down.

So needless to say I am absolutely appalled at the way the situation was handled and I am now lucky to be viewing properties that are not on a first come first served basis, but with tenants filling out applications then seeing who is best suited to the property. However, I am more than happy that I am not with an agency like this one and would advise all to stay away. I had a friend who let through Steyn and he said he had to jump through hoops to get his deposit back and from reading all the other reviews it seems he wasn\'t the only one.

Hope this doesn\'t happen to you, and if you do find a flat you like..I suggest you run to the office before someone else beats you to it.
By: Michael Steyn
Apr 11, 2013
I'm sorry your application for the property was unsuccessful. Due to the current high demand for quality Edinburgh properties there can be several applicants for a property. We simply choose the applicant we feel would be most suitable for the property. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact myself, Michael Steyn, Partner, Steynlettings on T: 0131 662 0200.
By: loulou
Feb 08, 2013
I was just browsing through and can see that I still have not had a response from this from Steyn lettings. Please, whenever you're ready I would really appreciate a response.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Steyn Lettings Office 1