May 23,2012
May 23,2012
I thought I had done my homework on choosing an agent to sell our house in Croydon. They\'d sold two houses nearby very similar to our own. I invited two agents around. The first was forty minutes late for the appointment, Townends weren\'t as bad, they were only half an hour late, with no apology. I probably got sucked into using them because the first agent - Barnard Marcus, appeared to be totally inept. Four weeks later we\'ve dropped the price by ten thousand pounds, we think we may have had a viewing yesterday, not that anyone at Townends has called to give us feedback. Simon the Branch Manager came across as quite professional when I met him. He kept in contact for the first week but hasn\'t responded to a single phone call or email since. Whenever I call to speak to him he\'s either in a meeting, at lunch, on another line etc etc. Either way I don\'t get to speak to him. If you ask to leave a message for him the staff inform you that they\' send him an email. This bit worries me - can\'t they just talk to him or leave a note on his desk if he\'s out? I\'ve spoken to some of the other sales staff who actually come across a lot better and do return calls etc. They just don\'t appear to have the authority to make decisions - everything has to go via Simon. I get the distinct impression that their is an office full of demoralised staff due to an underperforming manager. I\'m locked in for another 8 weeks. I\'ve tried calling them, as has my wife, that we\'ll be instructing another agent. We\'ve asked how much their rate will increase by. Again this has to go via Simon. My advice, avoid them. Streets Ahead appear to have strong rating on here which is where I\'ll be heading next. Oh, and it\'s not the price that\'s the issue, I\'m now five grand under their own recommendation, and ten under Barnard Marcus\'s valuation.
By: Marketing Team
May 24, 2012
I am very disappointed to hear that you have received less than satisfactory service from Townends, and our normally high standards of customer service haven’t happened on this occasion, if you could contact us directly on so that we can investigate fully and where necessary, update processes or organise additional training for our branch staff.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Croydon! To leave a new review of Townends Croydon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Croydon