Jul 04,2017
Craig Garland
Jul 04,2017
They promised hundreds of cash buyers already lined up waiting to buy my house and others like it. What they actually did is email out a pdf brochure to a few buyers, kept reducing the price of my house leading to me having to sell with another company over 10% below market value. Not only this but they failed to get me any offers at all in over three months.

In their defence I have no paid a penny to them to date but the loss from the de-valuing of my property is more than I would have paid any traditional estate agent.
By: Tom Cranenburgh
Jul 05, 2017
Hello Alice – Many Thanks for your comments

I remember your property well as we too found the situation frustrating.

When you first contacted our sister company House Buy Fast the cash offer they were able to make was not enough to pay the outstanding debts on the property. We then recommended an alternative route through ourselves at GetAnOffer. As explained from the outset we dont charge any money upfront and dont have any tie in periods so you get to use this service without any risk.

We understood you purchased the property in 2014 for £73,000. Once we had our professional photos and floor plans back we found the property to be in very good order and well maintained inside and out.

We actually introduced 20 people to the property who detail we did forward to you and the general feedback is it was priced too high for the current market. You did agree to reduce the price for a short period of time to help generate more interest but you did need to clear the outstanding mortgage so you were somewhat limited. Furthermore no one expects to sell a property for less than what they originally paid for it but your home is in a part of the UK with limited interest and prices dont tend to increase much.

Its seems you have tried another agent where you had to pay an upfront fee and where tied in, 4 months on you finally have some interest. I do really hope the sale completes at the price you want and Im sorry we could help any further with this but its not through lack on trying.

All the best for the future

Kind Regards Tom