May 17,2012
May 17,2012
This company is very unprofessional. I booked a viewing for a property that's over £650 per week. After booking an appointment telephonically the agent said she would e-mail me that property address. The following day I have not received the e-mail yet and phoned City Quays to find out what's going on. They said that the agent that dealt with that property was on the phone and that she would call me back. 2 hours later I have not received a call and phoned them again. I was advised that she was on the phone and will call me asap. After another hour I phoned again and one of the other agents at City Quays apologized and said they are quite busy, but he gave me the address. He confirmed that the viewing was still scheduled etc. I went to the property on the date of the appointment and the agent was not there. When I called them the agent that dealt with that property was once again on the phone. They offered a ¢â‚¬Å“call back¢â‚¬Â but I declined and said I would hold for her. When I eventually got through the agent was extremely rude. She said she never confirmed this appointment. She said she never received messages from her colleagues to call me back etc. In the end I said its fine and I will take me business elsewhere where her response was: ¢â‚¬Å“I'm glad that you will do that¢â‚¬Â. I have NEVER experienced such unprofessionalism, unhelpfulness and rude agents. If this is the kind of service one receives before the contract is signed, I can't even imagine how bad the service will be once you signed on the dotted line¢â‚¬Â¦.
I highly advise people to avoid this agent, as client service and behavior is extremely bad.
By: zee zee argh
Oct 24, 2012
buggys/bailey,

have some water. and stop being cruel to animals ;)
By: buggys
Oct 02, 2012
@adu - non trading? have you spelt the name correct? do you even know how to do a background check? how about you contact the MET Police as they are investigating an estate agent company who posed as City Quays to steal money from tenants! I was contacted by them recently as I was a landlord who has lost alot of money due to a greedy director stealing the client deposits to buy her luxury goods! people like you should seriously get your facts right before spending time on commenting on things you clearly know nothing about. If you look on the companies house docs, the signature doesnt belong to the currently director you idiot. At first I did exactly what you did until i was shown a pile of evidence and being interviewed - the signatures on the companies house docs were all forged it doesnt belong to the current director. Any director who illegally takes money out of a company will alter or not file annual accounts for a reason you goon. How uneducated must you be to not know that? its a paper trail moron. Hence why theres not much! Just because you can see a document on the internet doesnt mean you know what's really happening. Many landlords have lost money & are being sued becuase another agent assumed the identity of City Quays and idiots like you (ADU) have the time to write this ridiculous reviews, for what? in hope that they stop trading???? if they stop trading I will never get my money back!!! neither will anyone else!!! Have some respect for the victims involved. If they set out to steal tenant deposits, do you really think they will have an office on a high street and continue business??? I have always told me niece, make sure the agent gives you a certificate to show your deposit has been registered - did you not ask for one???? You're someone who has helped fund a criminal's habit!!! Would you judge a rape victim becuase she was drunk? NO so stop commenting if you have no idea what's going on. So far the company is in the process of repaying me every penny of my missing rents and my tenants deposits - this is something they dont have to do because as the landlord I am legally liable for the deposit not the agent. They could just say to me fuck it sorry mate we dont know where your money is but they havent done that. Tehy're repaying my tenants even though they know an ex eployee stole all the deposits to fund a estatge agent, the same company that has falsely claimed to me that they are city quays!!
By: Adu
Aug 18, 2012
@ bailey – This is a classic example of employees being paid to write good reviews. The attempt to bring faith back to City quays has made it even worst in my opinion. I have learnt my lesson the hard way and now I run company checks before I’ll trade with any business.
I have ran a companies house search and guess what? This company status is NON-TRADING !! How can this be? There are no set of annual accounts filed to companies house, their credit rating is ZERO (worst of the worst) this means something very dodgy is going on, don’t you think? Surely they must know that their company files are open to the general public to see? Or maybe they are too inexperienced to know such service is even available.
By: Adu
Aug 18, 2012
CITY QUAYS, in my experience, a prime example of how bad an estate agent can be. Friendly, talkative staff, a great looking website, and awful, awful service.
They charged higher than average prices, and never attended or responded to any issues raised. A check In was not taken with me or my flatmates present and we weren't even notified of such taking place and now months after my move out date I've still to hear anything about my deposit after countless emails and calls for information.
They are a bunch of cheats and liars and no matter what, if you rent through them you will come out more stressed, ripped off and a loser for it.
I would never use City Quays again, but I suspect many people caught in their trap are first-time tenants in London. If this is you, please, before you sign, think long and hard again, or rest assured you will be paying for it all.
By: Bailey
Jul 16, 2012
@ HMRC - I'm a landlord that that uses City Quays to let my property they've been managing 2 of my properties for almost 2 years. I've just been shown some unbelievable documents about City Quays. I truley feel sorry for one Director!! They've recently been victims of fraud and unfortunately my tenant's deposit was caught up in the mess. The previous director Ching was the person who dealt with the company's accounts and from what I've seen she's used every single penny she could to buy her properties!!! It's unbelievable!!!! I was told this girl was a sales assistant in boots before she met the other director and since then she's managed to buy a handfull of properties and build a business!! I honestly did not believe women like her existed! What's worst is she keeps pointing the finger. Situations like this really makes you think twice about using any agency! Earlier this month I visited City Quays and demanded awnsers from the director about why I had not recieved my rent in december and why a Kimberly Tang was always late in transferring my rents to me. Turns out Kimberly and Ching is the same person and funnily enough on the day my tenant's rent came in instead of transfering me my rent she paid herself a huge amount!! She now owns another estate agent in canada water called metro village - would not trust those guys!!! A colleague of mine rented through them - they collected the rent and never transfered it to the landlord and when my colleagues asked about thier security deposits and why it was not protected some man called Wale told them they are going to transfer their Security deposits to City Quays becuase they were in fact the managing agent. I've looked at the companies accounts filed and based on what I've seen this is just Ching covering up the actual accounts in order to steal everythiung!
By: HMRC
May 22, 2012
Apparently I have heard the directors of this cowboy company uses the tenants deposit money to buy their luxury goods. When you ask for the deposit back, be prepared that you won't get all of it back. They will make excuses to not pay you back I.e the carpets/windows/white goods are dirty so they automatically deduct money off your deposit. They are a rogue trader, my advise is to avoid them at all cost !!! Their company credit rating is so bad, and their financial accounts are in negative for the past 3 years!
Good luck to you if you go with this estate agent.
By: HMRC
May 22, 2012
Good luck to you if you go with this estate agent.
By: Nick
May 19, 2012
Strongly agree!!!!!!! I have the same experience as well!!!!!!!! Never ever do business to them, and still wait for refund for nearly 3 weeks!!!!! I will do some legal process

Make an Enquiry